When travelling

proudowner

formely cannotdecide
Hi all, just received our new FW Sundance 2998... Love it, we are taking it out this weekend for the first time. We are travelling only a few hours. Any tips on what not to have in the cupboards or should plates and glasses be in rubbermaids? Any info from frequent travellers would be very useful. We were looking at the sandpiper, the surveyor and the sundance, obviously we did decide... I'd like to change my login name also.:D:D:D

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
First of all, congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the Heartland family!!

You can buy rubber sheeting at Walmart, cut it into pieces and place those between your dishes while travelling or you can invest in an inexpensive set of Corelle and just leave them in your rig. I keep my glassware wrapped in bubble wrap and use acrylics for everyday use.

That ruber sheeting is also very handy for counter top appliances like your toaster or coffee pot. I have never had anything slip while travelling and I leave a lot of stuff on my counters.

Have Fun,, Lizzy

proudowner

formely cannotdecide
Thank You, that will help!!! Will queen size sheets fit on the bed in the 5th wheel? Or are there better ones?

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Congrats

We don't carry hardly any glassware for the weekend warrior camping we do. Much more fun to sit around the campfire sipping a cold one while telling tall tales and making Smores than to clean dishes.;)

The few pieces of glass bowls we do carry are kept in the lower drawers, not on shelves behind doors, with foam plates between them. Just about anything like towels, rubber mat etc will help cusion the shock and prevent glass to glass contact.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
hi cannotdecide, we have a sundance 3300sk and we usr reg queen size sheets on our bed that we bought from J C Penny . The rec queen size sheet set are a very little bit larger than the 5er queen size bed but they will fit ihe bed. Congrad on your new sundance and welcome to the owners forum you will enjoy your new sundance we do. TRAVELER07

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I carry Corelle, some acrylic and some glass. We use the rubberized shelf liner and have never had anything break, not even a coffe cup. I like the smooth surface liner better than the stuff with holes in it. Easier to keep clean. The only thing I put liner between is the pots and pans so they don't rattle. That is just force of habit from the class A's, as obviously I can't hear stuff rattle in the 5'er. LOL :)
I have a little decorative box for the remotes. I glued some of the non-skid stuff to the bottom. It sits on the counter and much to my surprise has never moved. Just remember to be careful opening the cupboards the first few times until you find out what moves in transit. Have Fun!