Cyclone 4200

twychopen

I am looking at picking up a cyclone 4200 on Monday. It is currently dry and I have a dually 3500, but the 3500 wont be ready till the end of the week at the earliest. Would a diesel 2008 ram 2500 with air bags get it home? Its a 3.5 hour drive on flat ground? Saleman says easily, he is also a salesman.

jimtoo

Hi twychopen,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You should be fine with the 2500 to get it home. Just take it easy and wave when you go through George West.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

jam20ster

Just make sure you give the extra distance for braking. That's really where the 3/4 ton trucks fall short. I am assuming that you will be hauling it dry. If so then yes just take it easy and you will be fine. I wouldn't recommend it though if its you daily TV for the 4200.

twychopen

No, I have a dually 3500 that would be the daily for it, but it was not available to use today. Regardless and unfortunately, the unit sold Saturday so I am in the market again :/

I'll be sure to wave in George West. We are doing work on the High School addition over off Houston Street. :)

jimtoo

Oh,, they were not holding the unit for you? If I can help, let me know. I live about 2 blocks from the gym addition being built at the school and drive by it all the time.

Jim M

twychopen

Oh,, they were not holding the unit for you? If I can help, let me know. I live about 2 blocks from the gym addition being built at the school and drive by it all the time.

Jim M

Apparently not unfortunately. I told the guy that I would be up there on Monday but wanted to make sure to inspect it before signing anything. I did tell them I would take it if it was good I would do the deal.
Ok thanks! I should be up there coming up sometime in the next few weeks to check progress. What kind of trailer do you have?

carl.swoyer

Just make sure you give the extra distance for braking. That's really where the 3/4 ton trucks fall short. I am assuming that you will be hauling it dry. If so then yes just take it easy and you will be fine. I wouldn't recommend it though if its you daily TV for the 4200.
I agree on the extra distance.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk