True size

proudowner

formely cannotdecide
I'm just so excited for our new 5th wheel!!! Can you please tell me the true lenght of the 2009 2998 Sundance, is it 34 feet or is it 29 feet (as it says on the little sticker thing posted by the door). I know they say these days that you shouldnt go by that sticker.

Thanks

Netem

The 2998 doesn't mean a thing as far as length. My 2900 MK is 31 ft 8 in. I have to say though it pulls better than our old 28 ft 5vr.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Usually when a length is specified in a brochure it is the overall length from rear bumper to the tip of the hitch/ball socket. Our Bighorn 3400RL measures 36' 10" inside front wall to rear wall. I wonder why they just don't call it a 3610RL. Just to keep us guessing, I guess:D. It's easy for two people to measure, just get out the old tape measure and git er done.

chrispitude

Speaking of lengths... The 21FBS my wife and I are looking at actually has a brochure length of 24' 4" rather than 21' - and I'm reading on here that the actual tip-to-toe length is actually about 26' and change!

- Chris

Hunter

Newby
21fbs Length

We are looking at the 21fbs - very seriously - so we went and measured it with a 100 ft tape measure. Sure enough, it is 26 feet. It will still fit in the driveway, but I would have preferred the 24 feet 4 inches.