Replacing king mattress in a Cyclone 4000

mbarnes71

New to the Heartland Community!

Has anyone replaced the king mattress with a residential mattress? I know that the rv king is a little narrower and shorter. Just want to make sure that it will fit width and length wise without interfering with the slide travel.

Thanks for any input.

Jv75353

We replaced the factory mattress with a standard king Serta mattress that we got at Sam's Club. It does fit close on the sides, but does not cause any issues when moving the slide out back and forth. It did make changing the sheets a little more difficult until we found out that by sliding the mattress towards the dresser first made this task a lot easier.

mbarnes71

We were thinking of that also as we had done that on our previous Sandpiper but when the slide was closed the mattress made the slide stick out on the bottom about 3/4". I had measured the width on the slide opening on the Cyclone but was worried about the extra length of the residential mattress.

We replaced the factory mattress with a standard king Serta mattress that we got at Sam's Club. It does fit close on the sides, but does not cause any issues when moving the slide out back and forth. It did make changing the sheets a little more difficult until we found out that by sliding the mattress towards the dresser first made this task a lot easier.

Jv75353

We were thinking of that also as we had done that on our previous Sandpiper but when the slide was closed the mattress made the slide stick out on the bottom about 3/4". I had measured the width on the slide opening on the Cyclone but was worried about the extra length of the residential mattress.
We have not had any issue with the mattress limiting the slide out travel when closed. Mattress gets close to the dresser when slide is in, but that's not a problem.