Torque T31/T32 Tongue Weight

So we've been looking at the torque T31 and T32 (among other brands) but I've got some concerns. I've noticed that the garage is limited to 2,000 lbs, is that due to what would seem like a large drop in tongue weight when 2,000 is loaded evenly in the back? How much tongue weight are you guys seeing drop off vs load in the back? Is the water tank hopefully located forward of the axles?

Another issue we're seeing is the lack of a 7,000 watt generator option. It would be nice for those of us that camp where it gets hot and need two 15K roof airs they would give us that option. It would also be nice to have washer and dryer hookups. I think we are leaning to the T31 since we can install a washer and dryer in the garage and still have two baths. Any input from TT toy hauler people?

schew

Hi there, I responded to your other post, hopefully i was able to answer a few of your questions about the tq31.
As far as the generator is concerned, I when I ordered mine from heartland, I chose (2) 15k air conditioners, the 5500 onan genset and the rear patio deck. The generator can easily power everything at once .
I believe that the fresh water tank is located above the two axles, not in front. The 2000 lb garage capacity may be a generic standard with most toyhaluers but when you look at the cargo capacity of the tq31, its north of 4000 lbs. iirc.
One note is that the second bath shares the fresh water tank but has its own grey and black tank. Currently, capacities of those tanks are unknown to me.

Like I said in your other post you made, I havent had the opportunity to check my axle weights on a cat scale but if I do, I'll certainly post it. Currently storing my trailer at my bosses house while I'm having a concrete driveway poured. When completed, I'll check to see if there's a cat scale along my route when I pick up my trailer..

carl.swoyer

I have the Onan genset 5500 lp with two 30 breakers. Start the living room first the set the second one 2 degrees apart from the first . This works Well for me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

So we've been looking at the torque T31 and T32 (among other brands) but I've got some concerns. I've noticed that the garage is limited to 2,000 lbs, is that due to what would seem like a large drop in tongue weight when 2,000 is loaded evenly in the back? How much tongue weight are you guys seeing drop off vs load in the back? Is the water tank hopefully located forward of the axles?

Another issue we're seeing is the lack of a 7,000 watt generator option. It would be nice for those of us that camp where it gets hot and need two 15K roof airs they would give us that option. It would also be nice to have washer and dryer hookups. I think we are leaning to the T31 since we can install a washer and dryer in the garage and still have two baths. Any input from TT toy hauler people?

I have the Onan genset 5500 lp with two 30 amp breakers. Start the living room first then start the second one 2 degrees apart from the first . This works Well for me. It keeps the brisk Air AC from cycling on at the same time.

DW_Gray

When I had a Smart car and other stuff in my Cyclone garage (about 2,500 pounds), it only reduced the pin weight 300 pounds. I suspect the Torque may have less pin weight reduction. But it really depends on how you load it. Too many individual variables to really know.

Thank you for all the replies. What killed us with the Torques was the lack of garage capacity. When you load it up with a golf cart, dirt bikes etc you are over the 2,000 lb mark. Calculating weights it seems like things could get quite questionable so we've decided to go with a heavier duty 5th wheel set up. I appreciate all the input!

TheLazyC

I have the Onan genset 5500 lp with two 30 breakers. Start the living room first the set the second one 2 degrees apart from the first . This works Well for me.

I just posted a question in ask the factory, but wanted to know the model of the Onan 5.5 generator that is spec'd in the Options. We purchased a 2017 Torque T32 and getting the run around by the dealer saying that one does not fit and they want to drop a 4k one in and I told them no.

schew

I just posted a question in ask the factory, but wanted to know the model of the Onan 5.5 generator that is spec'd in the Options. We purchased a 2017 Torque T32 and getting the run around by the dealer saying that one does not fit and they want to drop a 4k one in and I told them no.

the one that comes with the T31 is the onan 5500 QG, "QG" stands for quiet gas...