How long will Water Heater, AC & Furnace last?

macjj

Re: how long will they last

We are it full timers, but we have gone across the states 4 times with each trip 3-4 months. Ours are a a 2012, and neither has failed yet. The electric element failed once, however that may have been my fault - turned it in with no water in the tank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Kathi-27,

I don't think there's any specific life expectancy on furnaces and water heaters. They require a little bit of periodic maintenance, but should work for an indefinite period. If they do fail, it's usually a component that needs to be replaced. It's rare to have to replace the entire unit.

Air conditioners are a little different. Although they can last a very long time, if they fail, you're probably going to have the entire unit replaced. RV techs aren't trained to do much in the way of air conditioner repair.

There's a school of thought that appliances may last longer in full time, rather than seasonal use. It's pretty common to see posts in the Spring that start by saying "it ran fine when I put the rig into storage for the winter".

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Our BH is 10 years old and everything is still working as designed.

B

BouseBill

Routine maintenance will go a long way in making things last. water heater...anode rod, replace at least yearly. Furnace and A/C's keep the filters cleaned according to the owners manuals.
We were full-timers from 2000/2006 and started full-timing again in 2012...(didn't like being tied down to a stick house LOL)

Kathi-27

thanks for all of the responses. helps figure out long term repairs that maybe needed

Routine maintenance will go a long way in making things last. water heater...anode rod, replace at least yearly. Furnace and A/C's keep the filters cleaned according to the owners manuals.
We were full-timers from 2000/2006 and started full-timing again in 2012...(didn't like being tied down to a stick house LOL)

Furnace filters???

B

BouseBill

Yeah...ya got me there. RV furnaces..no filters. was thinking generic:D