Changing insurance again.

MCTalley

When we bought our first Big Country in 2012, I went with Good Sam insurance on it. At the time, it was underwritten by GMAC who subsequently decided to get out of the insurance business. Thus, the underwriting switched to National General. We stayed with GS/NG up through the accident on our 3950FB last fall. Anticipating a big rate increase after our (not at fault) accident, I started shopping around different vendors to cover the 3650RL.

I had a lot of great recommendations on Blue Sky Insurance, so that's who we went with. We even had a couple other folks on here switch to them based on our recommendation. Sadly, I recently received my renewal premium for our second year and it had climbed dramatically. After a couple weeks, I got a letter from our agent explaining the increase - Blue Sky had much higher than anticipated loss rates on all RVs greater than 35' in length. Therefore, all such insured RVs (whether fifth wheel or motorhome) would see rates increased an across-the-board 35% at their next renewal.

As of our renewal date this weekend, our trailer will now be covered by Progressive. For those that I formerly recommended Blue Sky, I apologize in advance for the renewal letter you'll be getting.

carl.swoyer

I have had Cornerstone extended warranty since 2012 I purchased it the the day before my factory warranty expired this gave me a full five years of warranty I paid $1,800 and they have paid out over $10,000 to this point in December when my 5 years expires I will repurchase another 3 years for $1,800 money very well spent and never had a problem getting anything fixed

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

I also have had Progressive Insurance since O7 on my RV and they have been fantastic never pointed any fingers. On my 07 Cedar Creek they came out and inspected the chassis and totaled it , it was only four and a half years old so they paid me 100% of what I paid for it new. No arguments with them

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just to see since my car insurance went up with Progressive, I contacted Blue Sky. They could not beat what I had so we are staying put for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We had Foremost on the rig for several years until the outfit that handles our RV insurance ran a quote for Progressive. It was a considerable savings for identical coverage. Our vehicles, home and pontoon are covered by State Farm.

BusManRG

We have had Progressive on our last two RVs and been extremely happy with them. But just a note, we had an accident in our personal vehicle. Not our fault, but all accidents are still reported to DMV which then reports to the insurance companies. We received a notice from Progressive that our rate would be increasing, so I called our auto insurer and got a letter from them stating we were not at fault for the car accident. Forwarded the letter to Progressive, and they reduced the premium back to the original immediately. I would like to think that all insurance companies would be that fair. Maybe if you were to contact Blue Sky they would have also honored your original rate. But as I said originally, we have had Progressive on our RVs now for over eight years and been extremely pleased.

AAdams

When we renewed on 06/02 with Blue Sky our rates dropped. When they wrote the policy they wrote it differently and saved us quite a bit. We are still covered the same on both the truck (Now list as a MDT) and trailer, just the truck is part of the trailer policy.

MCTalley

Maybe if you were to contact Blue Sky they would have also honored your original rate.

Possibly, but it was my understanding it is an across-the-board rate increase to all customers with 35' or longer RVs.

Edited to add: Progressive's rate for the same coverage is actually lower than the original Blue Sky rate, so there's that as well.

Last edited:

rxbristol

Possibly, but it was my understanding it is an across-the-board rate increase to all customers with 35' or longer RVs.

Edited to add: Progressive's rate for the same coverage is actually lower than the original Blue Sky rate, so there's that as well.

Is your agent Jim? He stated he is being reassigned to the East Region and someone else (Rich?) is taking over the West Region.