Water line under main door

Pioneer

I have a heartland gateway 3650 - I have water coming out of the blue water line under the main front door.

Why is that?
Where is it coming from?
Is that supposed to be happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Pioneer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If it's a blue PEX line routed horizontally along the frame, with a 90 degree fitting at the end, it's probably the fresh water tank overflow. When you fill the fresh tank, water will come out the overflow(s) to prevent overfilling the tank.

When traveling, as water shifts in the tank, some can come out the overflows.

And there are certain problems that can happen with either the water pump or the 4-way Anderson Valve that can result in the tank filling by itself with water coming out the overflow(s).

Pioneer

Hi Pioneer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If it's a blue PEX line routed horizontally along the frame, with a 90 degree fitting at the end, it's probably the fresh water tank overflow. When you fill the fresh tank, water will come out the overflow(s) to prevent overfilling the tank.

When traveling, as water shifts in the tank, some can come out the overflows.

And there are certain problems that can happen with either the water pump or the 4-way Anderson Valve that can result in the tank filling by itself with water coming out the overflow(s).

I am wondering if that is exactly what happened - I am plugged up to city water not using my freshwater tank.

Is it OK to continue to push water to the RV? Or should I turn my water off altogether?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

It sounds like either the city water is running backward through the pump because its internal check valve is stuck open a bit, or it could be the Anderson Valve leaking.

Assuming you have one, you can check the Anderson Valve by disconnecting the line hooked to the right-hand side (looking from the inside) of the fitting to see if water is coming out. To do that, you'll have to take down the rear basement wall near the Universal Docking Center (UDC).

I've attached a picture of the backside of an Anderson Valve.

If water's coming out the connection on the right, to the Fresh Tank, the valve assembly, or valve cartridge needs to be replaced. Not hard to do and Heartland or Anderson will ship you the parts for self-install.

If there's no water coming out, or if you don't have an Anderson Valve, the water pump is the culprit. Also an easy self install and it's behind that same wall. Alternatively, you can pick up a 1/2" press-on Sharkbite check valve and add it on the suction side of the pump. You can find one at many hardware stores.

Until you get it fixed, it's probably a good idea to shut off city water and run from the fresh tank using the pump.

Attachments

• Anderson 4way valve 2 city.jpg
    Anderson 4way valve 2 city.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 24

Lynn1130

Check your fresh water level. If it is full then the overflow will be running. Some issues that might happen with that would be water waste, soggy ground under the trailer and too much pressure on the fresh water tank, expanding it. That of course, depends upon the rate which the water is coming in. If it were me I would turn off city water and run off of the tank until I could locate and fix the problem. It could be the Anderson Valve O-rings or the by-pass on the water pump. More likely the Anderson.