Fresh water leak in pass through storage area

farside291

I have a leak in the pass through storage area that I cannot find. I've taken the walls down and the outside of the UDC is wet about 3 inches up and the entire floor is wet, all pipes are dry. I've ran every faucet, washing machine, and every drain is dry on the outside. I cannot find any leaks but the floor of the storage area is soaked. I know it's fresh water because it has no smell. At first I thought it was from the rain but it hasn't rained in a long time and it was dry the last time I checked now it's wet. Any ideas I'm stumped as to where this water is coming from.

Garypowell

Don't discount the rain. If you are like most and you have plastic containers water can sit under them for a long time.

Mine me was coming in around the door latch reses. It drained past the screws and ran on the basement floor. Caulking this area solved the problem.

rhodies1

I have a leak in the pass through storage area that I cannot find. I've taken the walls down and the outside of the UDC is wet about 3 inches up and the entire floor is wet, all pipes are dry. I've ran every faucet, washing machine, and every drain is dry on the outside. I cannot find any leaks but the floor of the storage area is soaked. I know it's fresh water because it has no smell. At first I thought it was from the rain but it hasn't rained in a long time and it was dry the last time I checked now it's wet. Any ideas I'm stumped as to where this water is coming from.

Have you been using your water pump,mine would only leak when there was pressure on it when not in use but when using no leak.
Have you checked the cold /hot water connections on the water heater and also check to make sure your outdoor shower sprayer is in the off position,nozzle head has a lock open mode,I've seen this be the culprit in my cousins unit,just thoughts,hopefully you find the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The lines to the washer probably run through the race on the upper side of the cargo bay, but that area would be wet if the leak came from there. Have you checked behind the cargo bay. There's a big area in there with lots of connections and drain pipes. A thorough search with a bright light might help find the source. I had a leak at the cut off valve for the water line to the ice maker. I had trouble finding the source so I put paper towels in a few locations. The one that was wet a few hours later helped me pinpoint the leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

busted2341

I have has two leaks in the storage area. The first was, as said, on the cold line that runs over the storage bay door. It was as tight as they do not leave any slack. My problem was line splice was just not crimped. The factory just didn't do. The second I fixed on my own. It was at the water filter. It hangs from the ceiling behind the storage bay wall. This leak was at the plastic fitting which loose from swiveling back and forth, just a cheap way of dong that on a 100k plus rig. Pull down the wall and just start searching. Water REALLY TRAVELS so it come from a long way off....

farside291

I think it may be coming from behind the front wall of the storage area. I have all the back walls down. The floor by the water heater is dry as is the first 8 inches in on the passenger side of the trailer. What is behind the front wall? I don't want to take the wall down if there's no water lines behind it. I cannot find the leak, it baffeling.

jbeletti

I think it may be coming from behind the front wall of the storage area. I have all the back walls down. The floor by the water heater is dry as is the first 8 inches in on the passenger side of the trailer. What is behind the front wall? I don't want to take the wall down if there's no water lines behind it. I cannot find the leak, it baffeling.

Most describe the "front" wall as the wall nearest to the front cap / generator area. The only water lines I can think of over that area are for the supply and drain for the washer/dryer prep, if your coach has that prep in the front cap.

The "back" wall, where the furnace, water heater and water pump are - has a bunch of water lines and water using items.

MCTalley

The 3950 is a front bath model. There are water and drainage lines between the forward wall of the pass-through storage and the rear wall of the front cargo/generator compartment.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We had water dripping into the basement of the Prowler . . .

It took me a long while to figure out where the water was coming from as it was not dripping on the carpet directly under where the water was originating from.

Turned out the water inlet on the back of the toilet was not tight and every flush water would run down that water line through the floor and into the basement, then run along the pipe to the lowest point, then drip down on the carpet and anything else that happened to be there.

I now check/finger tighten that connection on the back of the toilet every time I put water in the trailer or leave for a campout and no more drip.

farside291

Looks like this afternoon I'll be taking that wall down and see what's back there it's got to be coming from there. I can't see it leaking for anywhere else except there.