TST 507 TPMS sensors dropping

Rollin_Free

TST 507 TPMS sensors dropping out

This past year I've been experiencing intermittent sensor drop outs. Thinking I had either a battery issue or sensor issue I decided to swap the sensor locations to see if it's a bad sensor, bad battery, or maybe location problem. The batteries appear good on the screen monitor and measure good, the relocation seems to confirm this is a location issue but then another sensor dropped out on a different axle.

The indication on the screen is that the sensor for one of the wheels just goes blank and the monitor starts alarming. After listening to that for 15 minutes I turned off the monitor. For some reason I decided to turn the monitor back on and to my suprise the system initialized normally with all wheels reporting pressure and temperature.

I decided that I would contact the company to see what I needed to do, thinking all along I was going to ship my system back for them to look at. Turns out they are aware that sometimes sensors have connectivity issues and the problem is appearing on 5 wheels more often than TT. They will ship a long wire antenna free of charge that has proven to correct most if not all of the issues and mine arrived today. I haven't installed it yet, of course, but I am dancing around the idea of a RF wire being threaded around the cab and connecting it to the monitor or just get the repeater and continue using the small antenna on the monitor. One thing for sure is the long wire antenna is free and the repeater is around $59.

Don't currently know what I'm going end up doing but wanted others to be aware of this known drop out issue and what steps can be taken to eliminate the problem.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Re: TST 507 TPMS sensors dropping out

I use a repeater at the back of my pinbox wired into my 7-way junction box. I haven't had any problems with mine.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rollin_Free

I use a repeater at the back of my pinbox wired into my 7-way junction box. I haven't had any problems with mine.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I am definitely leaning toward the repeater and it helps to know someone that's using this with good results. From the picture it doesn't look like the repeater is sealed very well for outside installation. When I mentioned it to the tech he said many install it inside the front storage area of the 5th wheel so it's out of the weather and is only on when connected to TV.

Piperflyer

I have the repeater on mine and it works well. Mounted it just below the compartment for the batteries and generator

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Mounted a repeater in front storage compartment. Tapped into power from light fixture. Took about 10 minutes. Solved all sensor issues.

Jamie

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
My 507 TPMS have lost signal for short periods of time on both my TT and now the Sundance. It appears to happen when I hit a bump, but they all come back on.
A repeater may work for me, but since the outage is so short, not worth purchasing the repeater at this point.

Az_Ernie

Have had our TST 507 installed for close to 10K miles, absolutely no problems at all. We haven't needed the wire or repeater. We're towing a 36' Bighorn. Sensors are installed on 5th wheel and TV.

Rollin_Free

My only reason for posting this was to eliminate and minimize frustration if someone is having sensor drop outs and trying to figure out what's causing it to occur. It's a known issue the manufacturer is aware of and is providing a free fix if it does occur.

The bottom line is if your having sensors dropping out and staying out or intermittently going out then returning to work on their own the system is having connectivity issues with the sensors.

Last edited:

Mcook

Thanks , I have had the sensor drop out and return later. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Az_Ernie

My only reason for posting this was to eliminate and minimize frustration if someone is having sensor drop outs and trying to figure out what's causing it to occur. It's a known issue the manufacturer is aware of and is providing a free fix if it does occur.

The bottom line is if your having sensors dropping out and staying out or intermittent out then returning to work on their own the system is having connectivity issues with the sensors.

Rollin_Free,
Thanks so much for your post. The information you have shared will definitely help those having connectivity issues. My post was to let folks know that the TST 507 TPMS is for the most part a good, reliable and trouble free product. Again, thanks for sharing.

Az_Ernie

IronJ

I have that antenna laying around somewhere....the long one..

I have the repeater in the top of my batt compartment...

I'm not sure how this is a new issue as the tpms literature states that on long trailers or where signal passes through metal media signal loss/degradation will occur...

Either way it's nice they are sending the antenna...

It actually came in the box with mine??..

I did purchase the repeater...great system either way

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Rollin_Free

I'm not sure how this is a new issue as the tpms literature states that on long trailers or where signal passes through metal media signal loss/degradation will occur...

Either way it's nice they are sending the antenna...

It actually came in the box with mine??..

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Amazing what you catch when you read something more than once. My literature says 30+ so I guess I just ignored it since I'm only 26.5' but knowing that the wheel will drop from the monitor with interference or loss of signal would have helpful when it occurred. Apparently they stopped including the long wire antenna because mine didn't have one included.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired

This past year I've been experiencing intermittent sensor drop outs. Thinking I had either a battery issue or sensor issue I decided to swap the sensor locations to see if it's a bad sensor, bad battery, or maybe location problem. The batteries appear good on the screen monitor and measure good, the relocation seems to confirm this is a location issue but then another sensor dropped out on a different axle.

The indication on the screen is that the sensor for one of the wheels just goes blank and the monitor starts alarming. After listening to that for 15 minutes I turned off the monitor. For some reason I decided to turn the monitor back on and to my suprise the system initialized normally with all wheels reporting pressure and temperature.

I decided that I would contact the company to see what I needed to do, thinking all along I was going to ship my system back for them to look at. Turns out they are aware that sometimes sensors have connectivity issues and the problem is appearing on 5 wheels more often than TT. They will ship a long wire antenna free of charge that has proven to correct most if not all of the issues and mine arrived today. I haven't installed it yet, of course, but I am dancing around the idea of a RF wire being threaded around the cab and connecting it to the monitor or just get the repeater and continue using the small antenna on the monitor. One thing for sure is the long wire antenna is free and the repeater is around $59.

Don't currently know what I'm going end up doing but wanted others to be aware of this known drop out issue and what steps can be taken to eliminate the problem.

FWIIW.

I have had the 507 since 2011. My kit came with the antenna you pictured. From the beginning i have had that antenna stuffed up in the headliner over the driver's seat.

Last year I started to have a drop out of two of the trailer sensors, not always the same ones, but on average there were two that were typical to drop out.
Early this year I just replaced the two sensors, thinking maybe they were just getting tired.

Still had the issue. I ordered the repeater and just have it sitting on the truck's console, still haven't hardwired it anywhere.
Neither the instructions that came with the repeater, or the online instructions, which were different, match up to the operation of the repeater I have.

But, it does seem to be working and I have had no drop outs since hanging the repeater on my back seat (over 2500 miles).

Rollin_Free

When I talked to TST they mentioned that the long wire antenna may or may not completely fix the sensor drop out issue but it's a free option to try before purchasing the repeater. I thought the repeater is just a plug and play item that only needs power to work with the system so I don't know what else would be required.

I've decided to go ahead and purchase the repeater next year before camping starts. The convienence of totally wireless is much more appealing to me. Thanks for the failure and success information everyone has provided.

porthole

Retired
When I talked to TST they mentioned that the long wire antenna may or may not completely fix the sensor drop out issue but it's a free option to try before purchasing the repeater. I thought the repeater is just a plug and play item that only needs power to work with the system so I don't know what else would be required.

I've decided to go ahead and purchase the repeater next year before camping starts. The convienence of totally wireless is much more appealing to me. Thanks for the failure and success information everyone has provided.

The repeater needs to be joined wirelessly to the TST, kind of like bluetooth pairing.