Coby Factory Replacement?

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Question for anyone who has recently replaced the Coby system under warranty. Is the HL factory still replacing the Coby's with Coby's? Ours is starting to bite the dust (big surprise) but won't bother to warranty it if they're going to replace it with the same one.
Ours is stopping in the middle of a dvd and last weekend the sound wouldn't turn down. Volumne control said 0, used both the set control and the remote, but good old Spongebob Squarepants was still singing away.:eek: EEEK! (had the grandkids)

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Ours was replaced several months ago under warranty, and unfortunately we got another Coby...

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
My coby was just replaced with an executive hts-1500 does anybody have one or know if is any better than the coby. Haven't had a chance to try it yet,just got it back today.

geeksrus

I replaced the CPOC (Coby piece of crap) with a Panasonic SC-PT660 system. I bought this one as it was the only one I could find that had a short depth that would fit into the cabinet. Cost less than $250. Sound is excellent!

Eh!

bighorn3370

My coby will not play the dvd any more. cd, turn and theater system all ok. I also have 2008 3370. I thought the warranty was one year.Is there something I'm missing on the coby warranty? I would like this fixed also.

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
My warranty is up in july so it was still covered.This executive system looks pretty much like the coby the knob on the right lights up blue just like the coby except so far the new one seems to work, haven't had as chance to try it until this week as we leave for oregon tommorrow (mon). don't know if coby has their own warranty or not it's worth a look see though.

jpjulian

Our Coby system gave up the ghost on the second DVD. Was replaced with another Coby and the remote doesn't work with the replacement. Been looking for a replacement but can't find one which also has a radio tuner included. Any suggestions?

JJ

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
JJ, same here. Cant find one that has the radio feature either. Ours still works so far but it is a zenith. Bob:D

Ours has never worked quite right, now it stops half way thru a movie and locks up, and that's only if you can get a DVD to load if it is a fairly new DVD it won't load. A guy at best buy said we would have to replace this piece of crap with a whole new surround sound system at a cost of about $600. I know just buying a DVD player won't fix it as it doesn't have all the hook ups on the back for all the speakers. Anyone have any suggestions on what to replace it with?

Hey GEEKSRUS where did you find the panasonic unit and I guess it has all the hook ups on the back for the speaker wires and such?

Thanks All,

Ron

lhetsler

The DVD player in the Coby never was very good at actually reading DVDs, so I took an in expensive DVD player and hooked it to the Coby auxilary sound ports RCA jacks and it works great now. If the sound ever goes then I will have to replace whole unit, but if it is just the DVD player not working do what I did.