Unloaded Vehicle Weight?

sbhoward

I am getting ready to register my Big Country in South Dakota. I have been told I need the "Unloaded Vehicle Weight" documentation.

Short of emptying it out and weighing it, how can I get this documentation? By that I mean something acceptable to the State of South Dakota.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a 2015 Big Country.

Thanks

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if it acceptable, but there is a yellow sticker on the door jamb that states the weight as it left the factory.
This would be the dry or unloaded weight.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Our Texas title and registration showed empty weight. But our Colorado docs don't.

There's a yellow sticker on the entry door frame that shows the actual weight coming out the factory door.

Jim.Allison

I am getting ready to register my Big Country in South Dakota. I have been told I need the "Unloaded Vehicle Weight" documentation.

Short of emptying it out and weighing it, how can I get this documentation? By that I mean something acceptable to the State of South Dakota.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a 2015 Big Country.

Thanks

You need the "Birth Certificate" the original document that the dealer should have given you so that you could register it. Texas tried to make me weigh mine, but I read the law, and knew more than they did, I provided them with the "Birth Certificate" and after a substantial argument, and a few phone calls by the county tax assessor, I won. I could see no reason to spend money weighing the rig, after items had been added, I would have to remove all the items to get an accurate weight, when I already had documentation from the manufacturer.

slborba

I registered in South Dakota in October 2014. I took a picture of the white sticker that is located inside my kitchen cabinet that shows weights as UVW, GCWR, etc. and includes the VIN #. I printed and that was accepted without any questions. I registered through Pennington County.

Steve

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
FYI, the white sticker in the cabinet has been replaced by a yellow sticker on the door jamb.
Looks like the OP can take a picture of that in order to register.
Thanks for that tip.

Peace
Dave

SNOKING

FYI, the white sticker in the cabinet has been replaced by a yellow sticker on the door jamb.
Looks like the OP can take a picture of that in order to register.
Thanks for that tip.

Peace
Dave

Cool, I had missed the yellow sticker in our door jam. Just look at it, it states I have a 3078 pound carrying capacity, all buyers should be looking at this sticker before purchasing to assure the trailer has the capacity to handle the load they plan on. We loaded for winter in Arizona and being new live aboard's and used up most of the 3078. Could never have gotten buy with a trailer that had only around 2000 CC like the large BH's. Chris