interior lights dimming

fordtech 2008

we have a 2012 sundance 3300ck, the interior lights are going from dim to bright, have replaced the battery but still have concern, can hear what sounds the inverter clicking while the lights are blinking doesn't do it with just a few lights on, any ideas what is causing this.

danemayer

Hi fordtech 2008,

The interior lights are powered by a combination of the battery and the Power Converter, which converts 120V AC into 12V DC. The output of the Power Converter can run all of your 12V DC lights, refrigerator, etc. by itself, and also charges the battery so that it can run the lights, etc. when disconnected from shore power.

It sounds like the Power Converter is failing. It's usually located behind the rear wall of the pass through basement storage.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Do the lights actually flicker or just get suddenly brighter and the return to normal after a period of time? If yes, to the latter, that's the converter in Boost mode putting a charge on the battery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fordtech 2008

Do the lights actually flicker or just get suddenly brighter and the return to normal after a period of time? If yes, to the latter, that's the converter in Boost mode putting a charge on the battery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
they get dim them back to normal

wdk450

I am guessing that you have a 4 year old battery system. What you describe could be the intermittent shorting of a battery cell, or an electronics problem with the charger/converter. I would have the batteries checked out as part of your troubleshooting tests.

fordtech 2008

I am guessing that you have a 4 year old battery system. What you describe could be the intermittent shorting of a battery cell, or an electronics problem with the charger/converter. I would have the batteries checked out as part of your troubleshooting tests.
battery is new

Westwind

At least you did the cheaper thing, replace the battery, I went the route of the charger/converter first and found out it was the battery. Don't know what brand of charger/converter you have but check with the company, mind had rebuilt with a warranty for half the price of a new one if my memory serves me right.