Campground Etiquette

HappyKayakers

Hey folks,
I'm trying to find out if I have a future in comedy. :D Could ya'll check out the Campground Etiquette page on our website (from sig link) and let me know what you think?
If you have ideas for more rules, pls let me know via PM, email or guestbook.

Thanks,
Joe

cjbearden

Visitor
Great job, Joe, and they are funny even though too true. In our 2 years, 3 months of RVing, we count ourselves pretty lucky to have had some courteous neighbors. Our lucky streak ended yesterday shortly after we were parked in our site.

The door side neighbor decides it is time to hose off the youngin'. While she is running all over our grass, our picnic table and in our parking spot, daddy is spraying the water hose in large arcs. Didn't mind him wetting down the hot concrete pad so much, just wished he had grabbed a rag and finished the job on the new truck and new RV - like wash off some road grime and bugs. Don't think that's too much to ask in return for using my site!!!:eek:

I'm sure you will get plenty of material so keep 'em coming.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
A couple of those sound like the neighbors Tom & Gerry Weber had over the 4th. Huge fire, loud music, loud everything else. Of course this all occurred after the bar closed and the band quit at midnight. till 5AM. I let the CG owner know but I doubt much was done.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Rule #11

When your new puppy escapes and visits everybody around them because you were not paying attention when you opened the door to attend to the grill. You then chase it through the entire campground yelling at it to come back when you have a very large BBQ fork and knife in your hands.

Yep, I'll admit it, my wife did that last summer and fortunatly there was a big biker rally there. Everybody was drinking pretty hard and thought it was hillarious.

tbsimmons

I am 30 right now. I started camping in a motor home with my grandparents when I was about 5. I learned quick from the ole' fart what was right and wrong. By 8 my mom and step dad bought a motor home. They continued to teach us kids about neighbors and be thoughtful to them. Been camping with them ever since, them in a Carriage and our Toy hauler, my step dad still reminds me sometimes when I have had a few. I have a loud voice to begin with.
I think a lot of people that bought trailers or motor homes, within the last 5 years never really camped and don't know. Some parks care, some don't.'
Some things I have noticed in the last year.
Walking through sites, this is just wrong.
Not picking up after your pet. This really makes me mad. I have a dog and try to watch him all the time.
Neighbors partying all night. I like to party, but be quiet during the right hours.
Know how to drive so you are not into others sites when yours slides are out.
Help people back in, plus this is a conversation starter and your neighbor for your stay.
Kids, don't have any, have a dog that is my son. Make them mind. My dog listens better than some of the kids I have seen at campgrounds.
When leaving day comes, most of the time on a Sunday. Watch for people with big rigs, and move cars that are in the street to make it easier for them.