Where do Club Members call Home - See this Map

jbeletti

Below is a map that depicts where our club members call home, based on the home address listed in the membership profile. The color of each pin corresponds to the 7 regions of the club.

(click this link to open an interactive version of it in a web browser)

Google ChromeScreenSnapz209.jpg
(click map to open a larger version of it)​

porthole

Retired
Florida, South Dakota and North Carolina are represented in the NE, is that an error or folks that have moved and not changed the affiliation?

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
HOC members can choose any Chapter as their home chapter. Their home chapter (and thus Region) does not have to be the chapter where they physically live or receive their mail. Many HOC members choose a home chapter in a location where they spend the summers, or where their kids live or the place that used to be home once upon a time.

danemayer

Just enrolled! We are in Georgia, so chose that chapter. :D
Hi WebErika,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. Feel free to ask when you have questions, and we look forward to hearing about your adventures.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Florida, South Dakota and North Carolina are represented in the NE, is that an error or folks that have moved and not changed the affiliation?

Duane, one of the newest members to the PA Chapter (they'll be at the April rally BTW) call Florida home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefneon

Howdy!

We will always be from the Great State of a Texas. We're Escapees fulltimer's now and home is where we part it.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We've become winter Texans, traveling in the summer and spending the winter in Texas, but we'll always be Texans!

porthole

Retired
I thought we had 1 UK member with a Bighorn, is that not correct?

Looking at one of the Jersey members we are very familiar with, it looks like our location now shows a pin about in the middle of our township.
When the member map first came out years ago it was accurate enough to "pin" my location right down to the location of my computer in the house. Because of that I changed the location to the middle of the reservoir across from us. How come that doesn't show up instead? And of course I don't remember how I changed it anyway.

danemayer

Looking at one of the Jersey members we are very familiar with, it looks like our location now shows a pin about in the middle of our township.
When the member map first came out years ago it was accurate enough to "pin" my location right down to the location of my computer in the house. Because of that I changed the location to the middle of the reservoir across from us. How come that doesn't show up instead? And of course I don't remember how I changed it anyway.
Duane,

In the past all I've done is to zoom in to the necessary level of detail, click to place myself, and save.

jimtoo

Dan,, that works only on the "location" that is in your profile. Jim B needs to update his just a little. :)

Jim M

jbeletti

Duane - the map in post #1 is a static one that I created one day by downloading the home city and state/province declared by members. I did not include any outside of North America. So this map does not update. I thought it was an interesting exercise to see in a graphic way, where club members call their home city. Actual street addresses were not used to plot the pins.

porthole

Retired
Duane - the map in post #1 is a static one that I created one day by downloading the home city and state/province declared by members. I did not include any outside of North America. So this map does not update. I thought it was an interesting exercise to see in a graphic way, where club members call their home city. Actual street addresses were not used to plot the pins.

So in other words - your were bored one day while having your cup-o-joe ;)

jbeletti

So in other words - your were bored one day while having your cup-o-joe ;)

That :) ... and every now and then, I like to see the distribution of club members across north america in a format other than a spreadsheet. This sort of heat map can be useful in decision making.