Water Pump / Pressure issue

TALong

Of all times - I'm dry camping on the infield at Talladega Superspeedway for the weekend. My water tank is full and my water pump is on, but my water pressure is non existent. Is spurts out trickles at a time. I dry camped two weeks ago when we evacuated for Hurricane Matthew and everything worked great for five days.

I've checked circuit breakers and checked the fuse - everything appears normal. Any ideas are appreciated.

By the way - I'm in a new 2016 Road Warrior 362. Of your camping here too - come by and visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Can you hear the pump running ?
If so did you open up all of the faucets to purge the air out of the line ?
Is the Anderson valve set to City or Normal ? it might still be on tank

TALong

Can you hear the pump running ?
If so did you open up all of the faucets to purge the air out of the line ?
Is the Anderson valve set to City or Normal ? it might still be on tank

It's hard to hear the pump running with all of the generators running. I will say that the pump was working great yesterday at the campground I stayed at. The city water pressure was horrible, so I switched to my onboard water/ pump pressure and was able to have great pressure for a shower.

I opened all faucets for about 10 minutes to try to purge. It just spurted small amounts of water, then when I turned the pump switch off - the spurts stopped as well.

The valve is on Normal. I rotated back and forth a couple times to ensure it was in the Normal detent.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Check the screens on the ends of the faucets.

They often get clogged with left over plastic shards from the factory.

Also, how much water do you have in the fresh water tank?

rhodies1

They often get clogged with left over plastic shards from the factory.

Also, how much water do you have in the fresh water tank?

if all else fails,you might have to take the end of the pump off to see if a foreign piece of debris has the internal valve blocked in the pump.I have seen a small rock cause this issue,the valve inside the pump will not open and close properly,this is an easy check,just 4 screws to remove and lift the end off the pump.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like you don't have water in your tank. That's what mine does when I run out of water.

Peace
Dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Your either sucking air somewhere or your pump quite on you.
Sounds like your going to need to pull down the basement wall and dig a little deeper.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

What John said. Remove the ends of the faucets and turn on the water. Clean out the screens and put them back on. You will be surprised how much "plastic residue" will be in the screens from tank and line work at the factory.

TALong

Thanks for all of the input. Just so happens, the guy right next to us owns Lone Star RV in Texas. He first diagnosed a bad pump, so got one and replaced it. Still didn't fix the problem, so isolated it to the Anderson valve not properly switching. So we bypassed that and now have water for the race.

Thanks again to everyone trying to help. It's great to have gotten to tour the basement and change out some parts.

Back to the races......

richheck

Seasoned Member
Call the factory with your vin number. Mine did the same thing and they sent a new Anderson valve overnight to me. I replaced the valve in about 20 minutes. They asked me to return the old valve prepaid all under warranty. Great customer satisfaction.

TALong

Great, I'll do that richheck. Yes, that WAS my first tour of the spaghetti factory!

jdfishing

For a replacement of the Anderson valve, call the Mfr, Anderson Brass, 800-476-9876 and ask for Ron. He'll get one out to you ASAP. No need to return the old one. I replaced mine about a month ago. Directions are included and they have a video on their website.

TALong

Called Ron at Anderson Brass yesterday. He is sending out an "upgrade kit" to fix and upgrade my current valve. He admitted they have had a lot of failures, however no failures so far once the valve has been upgraded.

k9man811

Hello,I lost water pressure on my 2011 Big Country.I replaced the pump but the water still just trickles out of the kitchen sink.Any help will be great.Thanks

danemayer

Hello,I lost water pressure on my 2011 Big Country.I replaced the pump but the water still just trickles out of the kitchen sink.Any help will be great.Thanks
Hi k9man811,

Does it work better if hooked up to campground water? Is the bathroom water flow ok?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Unscrew the little screen/water saver thingy on the tip of the faucet(s) to see if it is clogged or full of little plastic particles.