21 FBS Bathroom Light Dims when using Water Pump??

On my brand-new 21 fbs, I've noticed that the bathroom light dims noticeably as the water pump cycles on and off- very annoying.

Checking the wiring, I see that the entire bathroom, plus the water pump is running off the same fuse. Would this cause this problem?

My idea is to add a separate circuit to supply DC to the water pump alone...

Comment, ideas? thanks

jnbhobe

Your idea to seperate the circuits is good, just make sure you fuse each one right as long as you have open spots on your fuse box

erond

Are you running on shore power, or just battery? I wouldn't think there would be enough load on a fully-charged battery or with a converter for there to be enough voltage drop for there to be a visible change in lighting.

Maybe the pump is gunked up or otherwise running a heavier load than it should be?

Re: Shore power or battery alone, it does the same either way. The dimming only occurs on the bathroom light. All other 12v lights are unaffected by the pump operation...

jbeletti

If it's a florescent light, my guess is that it has a bad ballast. Please call your dealer and explain the symptom and explain all the testing you have done. The lights are easy to change out yourself if you elect to have the dealer send you one. Otherwise, a quick trip into the dealer out to take care of it.

Hope it's this simple of an issue.

Jim

SFC-Eddy

Typically RV manufacturers use shortcuts in many areas to reduce cost,weight and simplify wiring. Dedicated wiring circuits come at a cost to the consumer. I believe Heartland should provide wiring diagrams with the units!
Many of us are fully capable of doing repairs/upgrades.......