slide out adjustment

seabee

Hey!what the heck,I was out under the 3670 RL the other day and looked up to see the hard black cover on the bottom of the slid was being pealed off on both edges,both the kitchen and the fire place slide,its even cutting into the plywood.
Our trailer is out of warrenty so that not an opton,I can't see how adjusting would help this problem,but that not off the table of things to try.
If anyone out there has had this problem with there slide please inform me of the fix.
I will try and get a pic of it to show in the next few days.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Seabee, I also had the black coating peal off and go to the plywood. The good news is that there is a fix. Heartland has a retrofit kit that includes among other things two plastic or nylon, I'm not sure which, rails that attach to each underside edge. That allows the slide to glide on them rather than the bottom wood. Check with your dealer.
Peace
Dave

D

Dave Willis

I have sent your concerns to Jim Fenner our service mngr and hopefully he can get you the info you need. If not, just let us know.

Thanks

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
I apologize for the link above to the Lippert manual, I did not realize it was invalid. Thanks Truknutt for correcting my mistake.

Concerning the issue with the floor of the slide out. There are ways to repair the areas that have peeled. The repair consists of the same coating that is there now, it comes in a tube and you flatten it to fill. I am more concerned with what is rubbing the coating off. I would make sure there is no debris in the slide pan or a roller failed causing it.

You will have to contact my service team here or your dealership to address any warranty concerns.

vrugt

slide bottom damaged

I have a similar problem on the bottom of the living room slide. It's caused by a ripple in the undercoating, the ripple got torn and now it's roughing the carpet and impedes the smooth slide's in/out operation.
Based on FennerJ's response I contact our local (and new?) Heartland dealer Boat N RV in Coxsackie NY asking for the tube with coating material.
They didn't know what I was talking about and called Heartland. Heartland didn't know either but mentioned the repairkit with metal rail.
How do I get a tube that you are talking about?

D

Dave Willis

I have sent this info to Jim Fenner to see if he can help with this issue. He is the person that can help you.

Thanks,

Dave

Taz Devil

I notice the same problem with my BC 3250TS. The last time we had it out I had noticed that there was some black colored paper on the inside on the floor. Then later that day I was looking under the slide and noticed where the black color had been removed and wood was a little swollen. Would this retro kit work on mine?

Kevin

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
yes, it would. the dealer would have to fill in the area with the filler and allow it to sit for 24 hours and cure. then adhere the plastic strips with the same filler and sit for 24 hours.

vrugt

Hi FennerJ,
I got kit 26076 today. The nearest dealer had no clue what I was talking about. He called Heartland and didn't get any wiser so I called myself.
I am ready to install the kit. However there are no instruction or hints or whatever included in the kit.
I understand the 2 times 24 hours waiting etc. but I would like to see some hints or instructions. Can you either point to an internet site or put the instructions up in this thread?
We are traveling South with our BH Sunday so I still have time to apply the fix.
Thanks for your help.

vrugt

Taz Devil,
the "Kit Slide Out Floor Repair" consisting of 2 strips and a tube of SB105 Sealant & Adhesive $44.13 and shipping UPS to Saugerties NY $15.47.

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
Use the tube to fill in the spots where the coating had already peeled off. Let that cure for 24 hours. Then use the tube and put a bead on the back of the plastic strip, between the double sided tape and adhere it to the bottom edge of the slide out floor. This will allow the slide out something to ride on rather than the coating.

flyfishing48

Any update to the issue

I was wondering if there is any updates to the issue of the black coating being torn off as the slide moves in. My steetside slide is tearing the coating off. It is at the dealership right now and they aren't getting it. They are talking about "conditioning the seal".
They techs are going to have another look at it.

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
The part # for the repair kit is 26076. The dealer can use this # when ordering it from Heartland and it should prevent any further confusion.