F350 dash went dark

ram_1955

On Monday last week started to get off the highway and my dash went dark, nothing. Pulled in to a truck stop shut it down waited a couple of minutes and started it back up everything came up as it should and worked fine. Drove truck 6 hours home on Thursday without the trailer no trouble. Today, Sunday, while going down the highway it happened again. After about 2-3 minutes instrument cluster and dash display came up, briefly showed a wrench then cleared that and everything was working. Then the center console display came back up it showed SYNC then said doing update. After the progress bar went away it worked good for the last 3 hours of the trip.
When this happened first time heat went to high, this time heat/ac turned off.
During the time dash is dark I had no tach, no speedometer, no turn signal indication(not sure if I had actual turn signals), cruise control disengaged, truck ran okay and would accelerate.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I know that if I set something (paper or a book) over the day night light sensor on the lop of my dash my dash lights dim thinking it's night time. Sounds like yours might be a different problem though.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ram_1955

Mine was total outage. Radio shut down, ac shutdown, tach and speedometer froze.
Quit scary the first time with the trailer attached. Second time was just me and the truck not as scary.
headed home on Thursday so an appointment with my dealer is getting scheduled.

Sniper

Sounds like a body control module (BCM) issue maybe. Sometimes referred to as the GEM (Generic Electronic Module). You may want to try an internet search and see what pops up. :)

Safe travels.

IronJ

My sync has done that 2x....apparently the "update" notification just means it crashed and is rebooting...

I've had my dash go off while messing with my tuner/tire size while driving...

Freaked me out 1st time...whole thing went out (truck ran fine) for a few seconds and then came back on...

But it has only done that when my tuner is trying to re flash the ecm...

I dunno?

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish