going to check out some Heartlands today!

kcarpentier

Can't wait to retire!
I've been lurking on these forums for like a month now... it's time to post!

I've read such good things about Heartland, I decided its time to go check one out! I'm interested in the 3300SK, but the closest dealer doesn't have one in stock. I also like the 3012RE and 2900MK.

We currently have a 2008 Rockwood TT, and we've had nothing but problems with it (our radio was broken and on backorder for almost a year; one of the slide outs broke twice [the first 2 weekends we went camping! and Forest River didn't want to pay for someone to come out to fix it, apparently they wanted us to tow it to the dealership with the slide out out!? :confused:] etc) Also it doesn't have much storage... I could complain about it all day! It seemed like a nice unit the few times we camped in it last season, but I guess that was just a honeymoon period.

I got enticed by Heartland because they seem to really stand behind their product... and coming from crappy "service" (if you can even call it that) it'd be nice to have someone care.

Hopefully I can get my boyfriend to change his mind, he really wants a Laredo, but I'm set on a Heartland :D

Jburks

We have the 2900MK an love it, we had some other brand and there is a major difference. We did have an issue with a kitchen faucet that came apart on our first outing, but I will have to say it was handled quickly through my dealer and Heartland. If we ever do go to a different unit it WILL be a Heartland.

Jack & Debbie

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Hi kcarpentier ,we havve a Heartland sundance 3300sk and love it the room the private bathroom .Last year went form Mich to Idaho without any trouble At 1st had some minor trouble ,like kitchen cabinet door finnish but dealer put new door on and looked good as new glad we picked it tows like a dream TRAVELER07

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We've had our Bighorn for 2 years now and still love it. I was looking at the Sundance floor plans and I agree with your choices. I especially like the 3012RE. Turn that dinette into a bed and kick back in a nice position to watch TV at night. The Sundance is a very popular Model. We see more Sundances than Bighorns in campgrounds and on the road. There are 3 in our park in Texas over the Winter. Remember, with Heartland you have this great forum and a great company behind you. Good Luck

rob hutch

Good luck on finding you,re new Heartland we have a 3200 bhs and have not had any complaints hope you become a proud Heartland owner HAPPY CAMPING

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Keep talking to that boyfriend. You won't be disappointed by going with heartland. Just about all the brands have problems, some major and some minor. I'm sure you have read that the majority of heartlands are minor. But the main thing is buying from a company that backs their products. You just can't beat heartlands customer service. Good luck.

jcd8822

Joseph
You will not regret going with Heartland. We have a Bighorn and love it. We still go to RV shows but have never found any other product that compares to Heartlands. They have some great products and models for just about every segment of the market.

Joseph

scottie43

I'm new to the Heartland family with the Big Country 3355RL. Did much reseach before buying and compared to the Laredo. I was sold on how the Heartland is built. I didn't know about this site until after I purchased. Shop around. I bought from Great Lakes RV of IN, but also dealt with Lakesshore RV of MI. Both had great prices, over $5000 less then buying in my home state of MN and that was delivered to my door 3 days fter I bought. This weekend will be my first weekend testing it out. I have found a few minor issue, but easy enough for me to fix and no expense. I'm impressesse with what I've read on this site! Heartland appears to care about their customers. I've never seen a forum where the factory reps are always willling to respond and help its customers resolve their issues. My only concern is if my local Heartland dealer will take care of my warranty issues. Good luck with the boyfriend. If he still insists on the Laredo, I bet there is a single Heartland owner out there!!!

Shadowchek

We considered a Laredo at one point untill we saw the Sundances and almost bought a 3300sk. The salesman never showed us a bighorn or Big country. We got curious about them after seeing some of the low pricing in Indiana. We checked out the Bighorn and loved it. The local dealer knocked of 20k off there oldest Bighorn on their lot which happened to be our favorite plan without getting something to long to keep us out of our favorite campground. We love it. It is a little over kill for 2 or 3 weeks a year and a a few extended weekends but you only live once right? I guess that could be a whole nother debate. Much better than the laredo anyways.

Greg

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
kcarpentier, sorry to hear about you troubles with your Rockwood, it's nice to see your joy for camping is so strong. Not sure what dealers are close to you that do not have a floor plan for you to look at (shame on them). I can tell you lots about the Laredo because I use to be a Laredo Rep. The following reason's are why I came to Heartland (started the Sundance) Let me take a Deep Breath because this is going to be long..

These are things that Sundance offer:
PATENTED TURNING RADIUS FRONT CAP
35000 Btu Furnance vs 30000 Btufurnance
Shocks - optional - NA on Laredo
16" Alumi Wheels - NA on Laredo
6000 lb axels - NA on Laredo
SOLID SURFACE COUNTER TOPS - NA on Laredo
Stainless Steel kitchen Sink - Plastic on Laredo
Sprayer nozzel kitchen - NA on Laredo
LCD TV'S option - NA on Laredo
UNIVERSIAL DOCKING CENTER N-A on Laredo
Step light and Entry light switches - Na on Laredo
Awning Light Outlet w/switch - NA on Laredo
Gray, Black and Freash tanks 5 gal more than Laredo
ASTRO FOIL FULL UNDER BELLY -NA on Laredo
ASTRO FOIL ON BATH DECK AND BEDROOM - NA on Laredo
Storage in optional Dinette chairs - NA on Laredo
Finished Under the Bed - raw wood on Laredo
10 GAL GAS/ELEC WATER HEATER - NA on Laredo
Real ASH Cabinet DOORS - NA on Laredo

OPTIONS NA ON LAREDO
50 amp svc
HITCH COVER
CEILING FAN
ELECTRIC REAR JACKS
ELECTRIC AWNING
2ND A/C
8 CU. FT REFRIGERATOR
SHOCKS
16" ALUMI WHEELS W/6000 LB AXLES

This does not include all the little touches that we put into our units and the quality is second to none. Let me know what dealers are close to you and we will make sure you have product to look at. My e-mail is jleonard@heartlandrvs.com Thanks and welcome aboard!!!! John Sundance Manager

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Ya forgot one John

.... A corporate Sundance product manager willing to take the time to help you locate the floor plan you are interested in so you can make a better decision...... N/A on the Larado;)

Opps getting out of my box, gotta go.:D

kcarpentier

Can't wait to retire!
pmmjarrett - professional RV transporter?! I'm jealous!

JohnL- I was hoping to see a 3300SK (seems to be the most popular on here!), but when we called to ask about it, they'd sold it a few days earlier. They had a 3300RLB, the new floorplan, I really liked that one because sometimes we have friends camping with us and it would be nice to shut them up in their own little room!! (or the dogs, when they misbehave!)

We were at TC's RV in St Albans, VT. I think it's the closest US dealer, there are a few in Canada, but I'm not going up there!! We dealt directly with the owner, which was excellent, that hasn't happened at any other dealership! I was very impressed with the attention he gave us, as was my boyfriend.

It may sound superficial, the one thing that impressed me that wasn't mentioned were the fabrics! They were very plain, for the most part, which is hard to find nowadays. The Laredo we were looking at had this hideous poopy-color leather-on-the-bottom couch with an incredibly obnoxious red and brown leafy pattern on the cushions. Also the recliners were the same poopy color and only half leather. It made me want to vomit just looking at it. Either make something all leather or no leather! Also I don't think any of the Sundances I looked at had that cloth-y headboard nailed above the bed. I really don't want one of those either. The blanket that comes on the bed was so plain, it might actually get some use instead of it being immediately stuffed into a storage compartment :p

I was impressed with Heartland before I even set foot in one. I don't think it will be very difficult to convince my boyfriend to buy one, but it's going to be tough for me to pick out a floorplan (I definitely want the enclosed bathroom!)!!

sorry to ramble :rolleyes:

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
kcarpentier, TC'S is a great dealer to do business with, I wish I had a 3300SK available, I would send it up to you to look at, but like you said it is a very popular floorplan and the one's i have are already sold. Let me see what i can do to get one up there. What about the stairs in that 3300RLB???? We have Retailed OVER 70 of these since the middle of April when we started building them - WOW-- You might want to give TC'S your number so they can call you and let you know what i came up with.
Thank you so much for your interest in the Fastest Growing Mid Pro in the Market!!!! John Sundance

chrispitude

Keep talking to that boyfriend. You won't be disappointed by going with heartland. Just about all the brands have problems, some major and some minor. I'm sure you have read that the majority of heartlands are minor. But the main thing is buying from a company that backs their products. You just can't beat heartlands customer service. Good luck.

I agree - problems will happen with every manufacturer. It's how the customer is supported after the sale that matters. I am especially interested in how Heartland is listening to their customers, and even making slight improvements to the models based on feedback. With this tight customer feedback loop, I believe Heartland's models will naturally evolve to be noticeably superior (moreso than they are now) to their competition.

- Chris

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
professional RV transporter?! I'm jealous!

LOL Don't be.

We just drag them from the factory to the dealer, can't use them:( and get blamed for everything that's wrong with them by the dealer:mad:

However it's a great way to slam wear out a pickup in a few years running 10,000 - 15,000 miles a month.

Benefit is working as hard as you want, when you want, taking off when you want and running where you want. Also get a pretty good feel for the quality and handeling of different units and what you would and wouldn't buy for yourself amongst a few other perks.