Roll-out Shelf for Printer in Cabinet next to Fireplace

jbeletti

I just completed this modification.

I purchased an HP C4385 printer (~$100) for the RV. This model fits in a cabinet, has a scanner so I can make photo copies and has wireless printing capability.

I stained a piece of pine and mounted it to a set of 20" full-extension drawer glides. I then mounted L brackets to the glides. To an existing shelf in the middle of the lower cabinet on the right of my fireplace, I added some narrow wood strips to space up my new sliding shelf so it would make it out over the horizontal stile on the face of the fixed shelf. Then I screwed the L brackets down to these narrow strips of wood.

I carefully ran 2 screws through the bottom front corners of the sliding shelf and up into the bottom corners of the printer to hold the printer in place.

I added a power strip in the back of the cabinet to power the printer. I removed the fireplace to feed the cord/plug from the power strip across the back of the inside of the cabinet space that contains the fireplace and out an existing grommet and into the cabinet on the left side of the fireplace where an electrical outlet exists for the fireplace. I replaced the single outlet to a duplex outlet.

I mounted the power supply for the printer to the back of the cabinet and fastened at the front of the cabinet, the power wire that feeds the printer.

I also coiled up and tied down a 15' USB cable in the event others need to print or when I do not have my mobile router in the trailer to print through.

Jim

Attachments

• DSC05262.jpg
    DSC05262.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC05263.jpg
    DSC05263.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC05265.jpg
    DSC05265.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC05267.jpg
    DSC05267.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC05278.jpg
    DSC05278.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC05280.jpg
    DSC05280.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 190

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Very nice job there, Bro!!! You're getting really handy...

Now if you could just get Heartland to bring back the Grand Canyon...I might upgrade to a Landmark!!!

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Jim looking good great job , This old house TV series better watch out ,It'll be replaced by This new landmark improvement series with Jim Beletti TRAVELER 07

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Nice Work Jim! The one advantage of not being full time is having tools. Not that don't have any, but I sure could use a table saw. Hmmm! Did I hear a little guy in my head say 7000# axles? I've got the tires:rolleyes:.