50 Amp Converters to Household AC

FrontRangeTraveler

My wife and recently bought a new Mallard M28 and would like to know if it's possible (and safe) to plug in the trailer at our house using converters?

I have a 50 amp cable and have seen 50 to 30 amp converters, and 30 to 15 amp converters. I have yet to look if there is such a thing as a 50 to 15 amp converter. The 15 amp appears to be for typical household 3-prong grounded 120 volt AC outlets.

I'm just very leary of going through two converters like that, but don't see how else to charge the battery overnight before hitting the road.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

sjandbj

My wife and recently bought a new Mallard M28 and would like to know if it's possible (and safe) to plug in the trailer at our house using converters?

I have a 50 amp cable and have seen 50 to 30 amp converters, and 30 to 15 amp converters. I have yet to look if there is such a thing as a 50 to 15 amp converter. The 15 amp appears to be for typical household 3-prong grounded 120 volt AC outlets.

I'm just very leary of going through two converters like that, but don't see how else to charge the battery overnight before hitting the road.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Using two adapters if used correctly is not a problem. Just remember that the household outlet is only good for 15 amps. So keep this in mind when you start turning things on.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Go ahead. I do it all the time with my Big Horn. Those are called dog bones or adapters. Just down run a bunch of stuff in your rig as it will pop your house breaker.

rxbristol

When we had a SB home, I had an electrician add a 50 amp outlet to the outside of the house...solved all problems. We could run everything while loading, unloading, or working inside.