Will All Road Warriors Please Stand Up! Represent Your Warrior!

TxRoadWarrior362

We love the forums but.......not enough Road Warrior chatter. Show your rigs and Tv's.

We have a 2017 Road Warrior 362 with a red rocket.....2012 Ford F-350 sw, 4x4, 6.7 diesel.

What have you added to your warrior?

What toys are you packing?

What beast is towing that stunning Heartland 5er?

Where will we all meet in 2017?

Tim and Kristy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 178

Sarge

We love the forums but.......not enough Road Warrior chatter. Show your rigs and Tv's.

We have a 2017 Road Warrior 362 with a red rocket.....2012 Ford F-350 sw, 4x4, 6.7 diesel.

Tim and Kristy

Might I congratulate you on your 362RW - OBVIOUSLY the best of the best.

So far we've upgraded to dual 6V batteries - Added solar - And the auto-Direct TV dish.

Toys? Depends. Could just be a 2000 yard .50cal / shotguns / sidearms -

Or the wifes Can Am Spyder and my Indian Chief.

Hauler is RAM 3500 named Larry the Laramie to tow Liberty our 362.

Waiting for the TX rally point to be set -

But we pass through on the 40 every year on our way to the Indian Motorcycle rally in Branson, MO every May.

Usually stop at Judge Bob's outside Amarillo (he's really a Judge) to kill some Crown Royal and shoot some coyotes.

Or is that shots of Crown and kill coyotes....?

Sarge

TxRoadWarrior362

Might I congratulate you on your 362RW - OBVIOUSLY the best of the best.

So far we've upgraded to dual 6V batteries - Added solar - And the auto-Direct TV dish.

Toys? Depends. Could just be a 2000 yard .50cal / shotguns / sidearms -

Or the wifes Can Am Spyder and my Indian Chief.

Hauler is RAM 3500 named Larry the Laramie to tow Liberty our 362.

Waiting for the TX rally point to be set -

But we pass through on the 40 every year on our way to the Indian Motorcycle rally in Branson, MO every May.

Usually stop at Judge Bob's outside Amarillo (he's really a Judge) to kill some Crown Royal and shoot some coyotes.

Or is that shots of Crown and kill coyotes....?

Sarge

Nice Sarge! We want to be around you when the zombies come calling!

Question, because we are learning. Why the dual 6v battery upgrade?

tim

- - - Updated - - -

You have a real nice Worrier & I am sure you will enjoy.

Thank you. We are having a blast.

ram_1955

We were just at Myrtel Beach and had lots of people comment about our deck.
Road Warriors are the top of the food chain

hboy1

Congrats on the new rig!

I've only added some roof vent covers, fan inside the fridge.

I think the 6v battery upgrade w/ solar will help when boondockin. The 12v batteries we get from the dealer will last very short time when not connected to shore power. Typically the 6v batteries have a better amp hour rating than the 12v and with solar charging are unstoppable!

What part of TX yu'll from?

TxRoadWarrior362

Congrats on the new rig!

I've only added some roof vent covers, fan inside the fridge.

I think the 6v battery upgrade w/ solar will help when boondockin. The 12v batteries we get from the dealer will last very short time when not connected to shore power. Typically the 6v batteries have a better amp hour rating than the 12v and with solar charging are unstoppable!

What part of TX yu'll from?

thanks for posting hboy1. Why did you add the vent covers and fridge fan? I sound like my grandkids. Why...why....why...lol. I'm not to old to learn, yet.

our rig is a month old. I turn both battery disconnects off when not in use. Do the 12v batteries still have a load with the disconnects off?

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for posting hboy1. Why did you add the vent covers and fridge fan? I sound like my grandkids. Why...why....why...lol. I'm not to old to learn, yet.

our rig is a month old. I turn both battery disconnects off when not in use. Do the 12v batteries still have a load with the disconnects off?

btw. We are from Friendswood Tx. I see your from Ok. Our son is a junior at OSU.

Tim

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Why did you add the vent covers and fridge fan? I sound like my grandkids. Why...why....why...lol. I'm not to old to learn, yet.

Vent covers are a must-have as far as I'm concerned.

With them attached you can leave your ceiling vents open when on the road, in the rain or snow . . . allows air flow and keeps out the rain!

I put three of them on our Prowler this summer:

ProwlerMaxxAirBRbefore-P1010885.jpg ProwlerMaxxAirFrontDone-P1010870.jpg

ProwlerMaxxAirDone-P1010878.jpg ProwlerMaxxAirBRdone-P1010892.jpg

Putting fans in the outside refrigerator vents helps to keep the fridge from over heating, plus makes them run cooler.

I plan on doing that sometime soon . . .

hboy1

The fridge and freezer were measuring a little warmer than previous campers we've had and our home fridge. After reading this forum, and others, I tried a fan to stablize the temps. Prior to the fan the fridge was 40 deg, frezzer was 20 deg. Home freezer is about 0 deg and fridge is about 34 deg. I bought a couple fridge thermostats off amazon that hang on the fridge/freezer gates.

After installing the fan, within a few hours the temps in the fridge came down. I don't think everyone see's this as a problem, but if you find yourself wondering why the soda pop is not as cold as you like, this could be an easy troubleshooting tip.

I got mine of ebay for $20. Norcold refrigerator deluxe fan with grill. Install was very easy with no drilling.

I agree with JohnD, vent covers are a must.... Other than keeping rain out with vents open, it's a little insurance on your vents as well. We have a vent in the loft bed that can mistakely be left open and undetected before traveling. I'd rather have the vent cover than loose a vent going down the highway. Those vents can also get blown out with a little hail (ya ever get hail!). When using the furnace in the winter months (or just camping in the winter months) condensation can build up on the inside of the camper (mostly windows). Keeping a vent cracked open can help reduce that condensation. (side note: keep your fridge door open when not in use. mold can develop quickly in the enclosed fridge after you turn it off if not ventilated)

I put a black vent cover in the loft bed. Black vents help knock down the sunlight in areas you want kept darker. I used while vents covers over the bath and kitchen vent to help keep sunlight coming in those areas.

If your in a high humidity area, some folks will keep their vents open during storage times because of mildew and mold problems in damp climates. I've read where folks (mostly in pacific northwest) will open the camper in the spring and find moldy/mildew walls because of the dampness without ventilation inside the camper.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I wanted to get a white vent cover for our bathroom vent, but at the time that I bought them white ones were not anywhere to be found due to the rash of hail storms in the area at the time and they had all been bought up, and I even had to go to two different Camping World's to get all three of these.

That's OK . . . the black ones all match the AC cover.

ProwlerUtahOverlook-P1020106.jpg

Do you have a link to the fridge fan you bought?

IronJ

Tim and Kristy
2015 RW420..2015 towbeast-zilla dually ferd pick em up

Vent covers were day one...the mod list goes way beyond that tho...lol

And the truck mod list too..

Love ,love, LOVE our RW420

fb2bfbd64b91ca88fe8cb51582542213.jpg

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

szewczyk_john

Welcome to the club but you are a few years late in coming. I was making posts like this 5 years ago when I was the only Warrior owner at my first National Rally a few months after buying our 305RW.

TxRoadWarrior362

Vent covers are a must-have as far as I'm concerned.

With them attached you can leave your ceiling vents open when on the road, in the rain or snow . . . allows air flow and keeps out the rain!

I put three of them on our Prowler this summer:

View attachment 48358 View attachment 48357

View attachment 48356 View attachment 48359

Putting fans in the outside refrigerator vents helps to keep the fridge from over heating, plus makes them run cooler.

I plan on doing that sometime soon . . .

Thanks for for the reply. I'm going to install three very soon. One white, and two smoke.

- - - Updated - - -

The fridge and freezer were measuring a little warmer than previous campers we've had and our home fridge. After reading this forum, and others, I tried a fan to stablize the temps. Prior to the fan the fridge was 40 deg, frezzer was 20 deg. Home freezer is about 0 deg and fridge is about 34 deg. I bought a couple fridge thermostats off amazon that hang on the fridge/freezer gates.

After installing the fan, within a few hours the temps in the fridge came down. I don't think everyone see's this as a problem, but if you find yourself wondering why the soda pop is not as cold as you like, this could be an easy troubleshooting tip.

I got mine of ebay for $20. Norcold refrigerator deluxe fan with grill. Install was very easy with no drilling.

I agree with JohnD, vent covers are a must.... Other than keeping rain out with vents open, it's a little insurance on your vents as well. We have a vent in the loft bed that can mistakely be left open and undetected before traveling. I'd rather have the vent cover than loose a vent going down the highway. Those vents can also get blown out with a little hail (ya ever get hail!). When using the furnace in the winter months (or just camping in the winter months) condensation can build up on the inside of the camper (mostly windows). Keeping a vent cracked open can help reduce that condensation. (side note: keep your fridge door open when not in use. mold can develop quickly in the enclosed fridge after you turn it off if not ventilated)

I put a black vent cover in the loft bed. Black vents help knock down the sunlight in areas you want kept darker. I used while vents covers over the bath and kitchen vent to help keep sunlight coming in those areas.

If your in a high humidity area, some folks will keep their vents open during storage times because of mildew and mold problems in damp climates. I've read where folks (mostly in pacific northwest) will open the camper in the spring and find moldy/mildew walls because of the dampness without ventilation inside the camper.

Hboy1 thanks for answering in such detail. I really appreciate the response. Makes since and a very good explanation. Thank you! Tim

- - - Updated - - -

2015 RW420..2015 towbeast-zilla dually ferd pick em up

Vent covers were day one...the mod list goes way beyond that tho...lol

And the truck mod list too..

Love ,love, LOVE our RW420

fb2bfbd64b91ca88fe8cb51582542213.jpg

IronJ thanks for the post. That beast is sick!! What part of Tx ya'll from?
Tim

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the club but you are a few years late in coming. I was making posts like this 5 years ago when I was the only Warrior owner at my first National Rally a few months after buying our 305RW.

Better late than never! Glad you held down the fort all these years. How many Road Warriors have you found in the 5 years? Tim

IronJ

- - - Updated - - -

IronJ thanks for the post. That beast is sick!! What part of Tx ya'll from?
Tim

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks...she just lost a couple hundred lbs of epa mandated stuff...OMG!! She is really a beast now!!...

Oh and we love the RW420 beast too..lol

We are based out of good ol Lubbock, Texas!! Raiderville!!

szewczyk_john

I am seeing so many road Warrior now that compared to the last 5 years. We just got back from the Martinsville Race and I actually saw more Road Warriors set up in the various lots than Cyclones and I even made a comment to my wife about it. In fact in one of the smaller lots I walked past, I actually saw two of them with the side patios and both had been pulled by heavy duty trucks. So our ranks are differently on the way up.