Any Ford 6.2 gassers out there

MP_CS

Im currently looking at leasing a new 16 leftover F350 from a local dealership and am looking for people's experience's towing there trailers/ fivers with the gas engine. My current fiver is a sundance XLT weighing in fully loaded at 9145lbs so I'm not spending 8k for a diesel to pull my camper a dozen times a year when the gasser I currently have does the job fine at about 8-9mpg which I'm fine with. Just looking for some people's experience with this setup and thoughts. Please no "get the diesel" remarks as im not gonna even consider one at this point, i will be leasing for 3-5yrs and wont be upgrading trailers in that time frame.. Thanks

kjm1970

You can't lease a F350 only the 150

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Unless you own a business then you can do an equipment lease. But they do not lease Super Duty's

MP_CS

You can't lease a F350 only the 150

Thats typically the case but my local dealer runs his own leasing company and they'll lease any vehicle they have. I've known him for years and he's willing to give me a great lease because he knows how well i keep my vehicles.

kjm1970

Residual will be lower and payment higher the longer you wait. If you like the truck go for it.

You could look into balloon financing, the credit unions do then. Just like a lease but you hold title. Really good option if you don't do a lot of miles and keep good care of vehicle

MCTalley

No direct experience with using a gasser for pulling, but I'd say if the current '09 is doing OK by you, the 6.2 should only be better. Given your situation (trailer weight, amount of usage, etc.) it sounds like an ideal setup.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I pull our 2015 Prowler (sister to the Sundance and Elkridge and in the same weight range as your trailer) with a 2015 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 gasser with the 4.10 rear end (rear end is they key).

Just pulled I-70 through Colorado to and from the Las Vegas National Rally and earlier this year down to the Tucson HOC Rodeo Rally in Arizona.

This truck is a trailer hauling beast!

ProwlerUtahOverlook-P1020106.jpg

At the Vegas Rally I'm pretty sure we were the only gasser pulling a 5th-wheeler and the only Prowler in attendance.

I almost always catch a lot of grief about pulling a 5th-wheel with a gas truck . . .

MP_CS

My 09 has the 5.4l in it now so I'm guessing the 6.2 will be a vast improvement over the 5.4l. I've got no problems now, just let the rpms spin.. The only thing thats holding me up is because my dealer will be running the lease through a "3rd party" ie his other company he's giving me a way better lease deal if i can just sell my current truck outright. No telling how long that will take. He's actually got a 16 used platinum 350 on the lot with just a scoth over 4k miles he said he'd lease me, might have him run the numbers on that consideting its already taken a substantial hit to its risidua value.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My 09 has the 5.4l in it now so I'm guessing the 6.2 will be a vast improvement over the 5.4l. I've got no problems now, just let the rpms spin.. The only thing thats holding me up is because my dealer will be running the lease through a "3rd party" ie his other company he's giving me a way better lease deal if i can just sell my current truck outright. No telling how long that will take. He's actually got a 16 used platinum 350 on the lot with just a scoth over 4k miles he said he'd lease me, might have him run the numbers on that consideting its already taken a substantial hit to its risidual value.

Plus the slightly used one is already broken in . . .

Although I'm not big on leases...

MP_CS

Plus the slightly used one is already broken in . . .

Although I'm not big on leases...

Leasing works for me and my wife, we've leased our last three vehicles. Leasing for some doesn't work. Different strokes for differant folks, haha.