Where to get extra storage compartment keys

SR-71

We just got our new 2017 BH3760EL last Friday and I would like to get several more of the Southco keys that are double sided and used in the slam latch locks but am having no luck searching on the internet. Ours have RC and then the number on them. I have ordered extra door keys but can't find the Southco keys. Any help will be appreciated.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Get the RV locks and toss the keys in a drawer.
You'll get a double key fob and the a coded key pad. Put them on all doors and compartments. Top of the key fob opens the entry door and the bottom opens all of your compartment doors. You'll love them.
138cca0fb7e26dfa2d14e8932bf40e89.jpg

rvlocks.com

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MCTalley

Most of your neighbors at any RV park have the same key. You could ask if they can spare an extra.

In all seriousness, when we bought our first Big Country, we only had one baggage key on our chain. When we mentioned that to the technician, he looked at the key briefly, left and came back with about 50 of them on a big ring. He asked how many we wanted and peeled off the appropriate number. He mentioned that there are only like two different cuts of those keys among most all the manufacturers.

dlw930

We just got our new 2017 BH3760EL last Friday and I would like to get several more of the Southco keys that are double sided and used in the slam latch locks but am having no luck searching on the internet. Ours have RC and then the number on them. I have ordered extra door keys but can't find the Southco keys. Any help will be appreciated.

There's probably an ID number on the key....most likely R001 or CH751. I ordered extras from an online RV parts retailer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019...AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=southco+r001+key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdufek

Call Heartland Parts 877-262-8032 and give them the number off the key, mine was R001. I tried 2 locksmiths around me and they did not have a small enough blank. The cost is not bad from Heartland and you will save yourself a lot of time trying to get a copy made and was cheaper than the Amazon price posted.

Bob and Valerie Dufek

And our beloved Saint Penelope
2015 BH 3750FL
2014 Ram 3500 DRW
HOC # 2858

Gary521

What everybody is trying to tell you is that all Southco slam latches have the same key, even other brands of trailers. By going to RVlocksandmore you can get slam latches that are keyed to the same key as the door. They are about $15 each. You can also get cam locks keyed to the front door too ( if you have them ).

sjandbj

You'll get a double key fob and the a coded key pad. Put them on all doors and compartments. Top of the key fob opens the entry door and the bottom opens all of your compartment doors. You'll love them.

rvlocks.com

Jerrod,
Did you put two of the remote locks on each door or one remote and on regular latch keyed to the same key as the front door?

ramdually4100king

rvlocks.com

I tried those and the remotes worked for a week. Then you had to use the key to open eventually becoming a $300 keyed lock. I returned them and replaced the old locks. Good luck.

On the OP I was able to find a locksmith that was able to make copies. You just have to look around.

Gary521

Just a question on the latches with the remote. You don't have to carry a key anymore but you have to carry a key fob. What's the difference??

danemayer

Just a question on the latches with the remote. You don't have to carry a key anymore but you have to carry a key fob. What's the difference??

To me, it's the same as with a car or truck. Once they gave me a fob, I never used the key again. The fob is easier. And then when they gave me an RFID touch sensor, I never used the fob again. It's easier.

One day RVLock will probably come out with an RFID sensor lock and I'll replace the one I have.

Btw, I still carry a key as backup. But I never use it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have been loving mine for quite a while. Most of the time I don't carry anything with me. If we're heading to for dinner I'll take the fob with me. Push the top and it locks my entry door, push the bottom and it locks all of my basement doors. As I'm walking away from the coach. I doesn't get any easier.
At night from inside I can push the bottom and make sure all of my basement doors are locked.
In the morning when I come out to do anything I push 1 button and all of my doors are unlocked.
If I don't have the key fob in my pocket I can punch in the code to open the lock.
I WILL NEVER GO WITH OUT THEM AGAIN.......

JUST MY OPINION !!!!

richheck

Seasoned Member

Actually you do not have to carry the fob if you don't want to, the latches can be opened with a simple code you enter on the key pad.

Can be opened or locked three ways, key, fob, or key pad.

jbeletti

Actually you do not have to carry the fob if you don't want to, the latches can be opened with a simple code you enter on the key pad.

With the RVLock, I never carry the RV Key or RV FOB. Just use the code. I try to keep a set of RV keys in the truck in case the radio or batteries in the lock fail. I also use the keypad on the truck (Ford) to get into it fairly often.

sjandbj

I just order two sets for my Big Country and asked them to key the locks to the same key as I have for the front door that I replaced over a year ago. I wanted to take advantage of the 20% discount from the rally before it expires at the end of the month. I cannot wait to have one single key for all my locks and a key that is not shared by everyone in the RV world. Even better is the fact that I can use the key fob for all the locks will be sweet.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Exactly! I never carry key or fob. Use the keypad.

We had combo locks on our previous rig, so I never had to carry keys to open basement locks, either.

Now new rig has slam baggage doors, and I HATE having to remember my keys. Love our RV Lock for the door, moved it from old rig to new. :)

Plan to get the RV lock baggage doors as soon as funds are available!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk