Basic Don't Go RV'ing Without It Lists

FrontRangeTraveler

With regard to what any given person would think are the basic, "gotta have it" items, I'm sure the answers have a lot to do with personal preference.

That said, I'd be curious to find what other TT owners out there consider the basic must-have items, accessories, safety gear or just cool stuff to enrich your RV'ing experiences.

We're newbies, so this is a learning experience for us.

Cheers!

Sent from my LG V10 using TapaTalk for Android

Bones

water pressure regulator, RV safe drinking hose, sewer hose and then a back up hose, leveling blocks like the Anderson levelers

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Your rig looks similar to our North Trail. I would recommend a jack stand like the Valterra and x-chocks by Bal. Those items will keep your rig from moving when you are set up. Get plenty of leveling pads as well. The less the leveling jacks have to travel the more stable your rig will be. Do not go cheap on the sewer hose. Get a surge protector either in line or a power pole version. Ours has saved our rig a couple of times. Periodically before you hook up to city water turn your water pump on and listen for it to shut off. If it doesn't you probably have a leak somewhere. Start looking for a repair facility other than camping world. Congratulations and safe travels.

Bogie

I would recommend a good tool kit that includes a volt meter and a torque wrench (know how much you are tightening those wheel lugs). Also, I have found a portable 12 volt compressor to be helpful at times.

Safe Travels.

FrontRangeTraveler

water pressure regulator, RV safe drinking hose, sewer hose and then a back up hose, leveling blocks like the Anderson levelers
Do you recommend the water pressure regulator between the city water line and where it enters the trailer? I'm assuming that's to save the trailer's plumbing from excessive pressure.

Piperflyer

I would get a good surge protector to protect my rig and buy some power cord adapters for the type of power you will be using. (50, 30, 15 amp adapters). Also buy some different length cable for you cable tv. I carry a 25' and a 50' cable.

FrontRangeTraveler

Lots of good advice, thanks everyone, and thanks for the warm welcome. We'll look into joining the owner's club as well.

We picked up much of what was suggested already, but the water pressure regulator and surge protector are next on the list.

Nuclearcowboy

Also make sure you have a lug wrench or breaker bar and appropriate socket that actually will fit your wheel lugs and allow you to change the tire in the event you need to - our RV requires a special deep well socket to fit the wheel lugs for tire changing - While my wheel lugs are not unique in size, they are recessed very deep and a standard lug wrench or socket won't work on them.

B

Boatman

All excellent suggestions, but the most important is a arrival and departure checklist. You can download many online, then change to fit your needs. Happy traveling!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I think if I ever have to change a trailer tire, my tool of choice will be roadside assistance!

Changing a car or truck tire on the side of the road is one thing . . .

Changing a trailer tire on the side of the road . . . well, I'll leave that to someone with bigger and better tools!

Bones

Do you recommend the water pressure regulator between the city water line and where it enters the trailer? I'm assuming that's to save the trailer's plumbing from excessive pressure.

Yes I usually put my regulator on the city water then hook up my splitter. one line is for the camper supply and the other is for my black tank hose.

Steve.Twoknee

Great ideas and must haves. We carry with us everything that has been mentioned, and more. Most of the 'and more' fall into the fun to have category though!
That being said I would add a weather radio (or phone app; assuming you are confident of cell service) and rubber gloves to the list of must haves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk