My new Sundance is now in transit for our first camping trip with it

proudowner

formely cannotdecide
My 5th wheel is being brought to our seasonal lot by a good friend, can't wait to get done work so I can get there to enjoy it(2 hours away). I noticed last night that the spray nozel in the kitchen sink, once you pull it out, does not retract back easily at all, also noticed that the step light is not working under the stairs going into the trailer, are these things that I should be calling the dealer about? Hope we have a good weekend with our new toy!!!

Hope to see more Sundance trailers on the road... :cool::cool::cool:

jbeletti

Hi there,

I'd say the first step for you is to always tackle it yourself.

Here's how I would take this one:

Spray Nozzle won't retract:
Open the cabinet below the sink and see what is going on with the faucet hose. Have a flashlight ready if needed and while you are under there, using your hand, snug up the connectors where the hot and cold water lines connect to the sink faucet. This is not related to your issue, just a good idea. Do the same with the fittings on the bathroom sink too. Back to the issue, look to see if there is any sort of weight that is wrapped around the faucet hose. It may be mounted in a spot that is not optimal for your application. Look too for the faucet hose getting snagged or hung up on the drain pipe, P-trap or other items under the sink. Ideally, the hose should be able to drop down into the cabinet freely.

Step Light Not Working:
Here, you have the bulb, fixture, wiring, switch and fuse to consider. Has this light ever worked? If not, I would suspect an issue in the wiring. If it has worked in the past, I would suspect the bulb. Start by turning the light switch on. Then pull off the cover for the light. Is there a bulb in the fixture? Does the bulb look blackened at all? Shine your flashlight beam into the step light bulb. Does the filament look like it is intact or is it broken? Check the wiring inside the fixture. Does it all appear to be connected? If you have a volt meter, remove the bulb and check for DC voltage where at the contacts in the fixture. If you have ~12 volts DC present, change the bulb. No voltage? -> Back in the trailer, open the 12 volt fuse panel. If your panel has the LEDs that light up red if there is a blown fuse, use this as an indicator. If not, you may have to pull each fuse one at a time to inspect them. If you do not have a blade fuse puller (plastic tweezer like device), use needle nosed pliers to pull the fuse straight out towards you. Inspect each fuse, one at a time. It the link inside the fuse looks okay, put the fuse back in the same slot it was removed from and move on. The fuse circuits may be labled with what they feed but I doubt any of them will be noted that it feeds the step light. Most likley, it is fed from the outside lights circuit or maybe the inside lights. Those are good fuses to start with. In a worst case scenario, you may have a severed or disconnected wire that feeds the light and it could be in the underbelly. Only those with the time and skills should consider pulling down the underbelly.

Best of luck and please let us know what you find on both of these. We will always be here to give you ideas.

Jim

proudowner

formely cannotdecide
Thank You much Jim, I appreciate your help. Over the weekend we found a couple of things wrong ie- around the shower was leaking, we need more caulking. I ended up calling the dealer who we purchased the 5th wheel from, he is sending a technician to fix these minute problems. Overall we had a wonderful time camping... We can't beleive how much room there is in the 5th wheel (the bedroom). I ended up purchasing a feather top for the mattress and a duvet (microfill)....so comfortable. We felt like we were sleeping in the clouds. All in all, we love our new Sundance 2998 RB. Thank you Heartland!!!!!

jbeletti

I "always" sleep better in my RV :) I think half of it is mental. RVing is less stress than real life!

Make a detailed punch list for the tech. Give him a copy of it so he can attach is to his service order. While he is there, go through a list of questions you have on "what is this button or tool for", "how do we do this or that" etc.

Happy camping!

Congratulations! We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our 2998 RB! It is supposed to come off the line either today or tomorrow, and ship out immediately to us, in California! I so hope it is here in time for a camping trip we have scheduled for next weekend! Glad to hear you like yours. Just thought I would send a quick note to say how jealous I am! just kidding...sort of! hahaha! Best wishes!

proudowner

formely cannotdecide
I bet you can't wait for yours to arrive babyhorsie... We are so happy with ours. My 9 year old fell out of the bunk on the weekend, quite a drop. Luckily he went into the fetal position in his descent and did not hurt himself, needless to say he slept the remainder of the evening on the floor. Has anyone gotten a rail for the top bunk?