So what would you do?

Mburtsvt

I completed the winterization of my 2016 Landmark the other day. As I was underneath my RV looking for the refrigerator drain, (whole different story - yes it’s missing), I notice a bulge in the underbelly material. We all know what that means - water leak pooling in the underbelly.

So I sent a email to my service dealer, (copy to Heartland as well) and asked to get on the “warranty repair” schedule, (God bless the two year warranty on Landmarks) for late Feb - early March, (was told that it would be a good idea).

So the question is:

Pull the underside down and pull out the installation?

Leave it as is until I can get it to the dealer in Feb?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Are you certain it's water?
Mine sags but it is not from water.
But, if it is water I would do my best to dry it out.

Peace
Dave

Mburtsvt

Are you certain it's water?
Mine sags but it is not from water.
But, if it is water I would do my best to dry it out.

Peace
Dave

Good question..... When I was under the unit I was able to pound on the material. It felt soft and squishy. I will go out and drill a small hole in the middle and see if water comes out...... stand by.

billk263

California-South Chapter Leaders
Good question..... When I was under the unit I was able to pound on the material. It felt soft and squishy. I will go out and drill a small hole in the middle and see if water comes out...... stand by.

Be careful not to hit a holding tank while drilling that hole

Bones

I would push on it first to see if there is liquid

- - - Updated - - -

or use a very tiny poking device as that material is not thick at all

Domi

I put a hole in the fresh water tank this summer by trying to drain the underbelly. I only figuared it out when the fresh water level kept dropping.

It was a pain to fix but JB Wet Weld did the job once I got it open.

If you ever put a hole in the bottom be very carefull. it is easy to go to deep and the tanks are thin.

John