Heartland Customer Service Rocks!!

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Long story warning...
Ok, anyone that has seen me post, knows that I'm not only a Heartland fan but the Nor-Cal chapter leader. What only a few of you know is I owned a hot rod shop for 10 years that was known for exceptional customer service. I'm fairly tough when it comes to handing out kudos as I believe any manufacturer should stand behind their product. I wouldn't sell those brands that had lousy warranty service, which made it easy for me to satisfy adn solve my customers problems.
Fast forward a few years. After 25 years of Rv'ing and several motorhomes, We're finally in a position to buy our first BRAND NEW RV and decide to switch to a fifth wheel. We start looking, and looking, and looking... Finally see a Heartland at an RV show and we were hooked. Must have looked at 100 of them and kept coming back to the HL. Brought it home on October 13th, 2008.
I had an early issue with a water leak, didn't know what to do, we couldn't track it to fix ourselves. ( remember here we had never owned a brand new RV and weren't used to having a warranty) Anyway, some of you nice folks on here told me to call Jim Fenner. I did. Problem was taken care of to my satisfaction, along with assurances that any future problems arising from the leak would be handled as well. The assurances were what I needed more than the repair. I knew the repair would be handled. (haven't had any other issues just to note) Boy, was I happy.
Friends with SOB's including one with a $250K MH cannot believe I actually spoke to someone at the factory and they took care of my problem. Yep, I'm pretty smug and patting myself on the back for buying a Heartland. The trip back to the dealer in January goes without a hitch, HL and the dealer fix every little thing. I keep thinking, Wow! this is just tooooo easy.

We continue to camp somewhere every month, loving the trailer. Then, a few weeks ago, tragedy struck... We were camping with the grandkids and the Coby DVD system started to malfunction. Big surprise, haha.
You have never experienced anything more hellish than not being able to turn the volume down on SpongeBob Squarepants. Not with the remote, not on the set itself. He just continued to sing... We panicked and both ran for the off button at the same time. Grandkids were dissapointed, but at least Gramma and Grampa's heads didn't explode.
I posted a question on here about the Coby, as wasn't sure I wanted to replace it with another Coby, even under warranty. Again, Jim B suggested I call customer service. (I just hate to make a fuss, so that isn't my first thought) OK, Jim, I'll call.
Wow! I don't even have to take the trailer back to the dealer! (3 hours away) They're sending me a new one (not Coby) and will send a return tag with it to send the old one back.
Now, I ask you, Does this company rock or what?!!
All my friends will be sooo jealous. As we speak, one of their SOB's has been at the dealers for 6 weeks waiting to see if the factory will authorize repairs to some of the cabinets. It's under warranty. I won't mention names but it starts with Ever....
To wrap it up, thanks to Heartland and especially Steve K. in Customer Service, I am one happy camper. It may not seem like a big deal, but the ease with which a minor problem was taken care of IS a big deal in any industry. I can without reservation, encourage anyone to buy a Heartland, knowing that not only the product, but the care from the factory is top-notch.
Deb

Smokeyfl

I agree, although I think the dealer is as important as the Company. Purchased an 09 Razor 3612 at Leo's Vacation Center in MD. Had a problem and took it back and everything was taken care of timely and professionally. You would never know the problem existed. I took some advice that I found on the Heartland website and put sheet vinyl over the plywood on the front queen. Glued it down. Problem was with the slideouts. Guess where all of the "guts" are for this system. Under the front queen. I apologized in advance for the gluey mess. They never said a word. Gave the tech a nice tip!

azbound

Ray, you really have a way with words and I couldn't agree with you more. The only issue I had was with the chair and they send one out ASAP. And yes the dealer is also very important. and our local Heartland dealer is great.