Portable Air Compressor Recommendations

TALong

Good afternoon -

I'm working on tweaking our new rig and items that we carry with us. Tire pressure can be so important to maintain, yet the air compressor I have is too cheap to do the trick. After much research on Amazon, I haven't found a great option to carry with us. Many that look like they would work only reach 100 psi and our trailer tires need to be maintained at 110 psi. Any recommendations?

Also, I'm considering the purchase of a tire pressure monitoring system for our trailer? Any recommendations there based on first hand experience?

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

GregP

I have the Viair 450P, a 12 volt compressor. I bought it on line through Amazon.ca and have been impressed with it. It easily maintains our tires at the required 110psi and is a good solid pump. It is a bit pricey, but beats the heck out of carrying a 110 volt compressor with us. We don't have a TPMS on the trailer, so can't be any help to you there. Many on this forum do and I am sure you will get plenty of advice.

TALong

Thanks Greg. I saw a post from earlier today (I missed it before I posted). I like the 450P, but $225 seems very pricey. BUT, quality is important. Thank you for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richheck

Seasoned Member
I have been using the visor 400 P RV for a couple of years with total satisfaction. Great product for these high pressure tires.

hoefler

This is the one I carry, bought on sale for $100

d44e8877-e036-43c3-a892-b64fc84c6d6d_1000.jpg

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

TALong

After much research, recommendations and talking with VIAIR, i think I'll go with their 400P-RV. Thank you for all of your input. Have a great weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaffer

I love my Viair 450. No problem topping off the G-614s. Takes up a lot less space than my 110 volt Craftsman.