Residential Frigidaire not making ice

SR-71

The frig works fine and the freezer works fine. We have had the trailer for 2 weeks today and the icemaker has not put out enough ice to fill the bin. You can get water from the spot in the door but there is no ice. It put out 2 or 3 times a day for the first few days but nothing for the last 2 days.

danemayer

The troubleshooting page from the Frigidaire manual, attached below, has a couple of possibilities.

Attachments

• Frigidaire Icemaker Troubleshooting Page.pdf
    97.2 KB · Views: 19

SR-71

OK, I found the on/off rocker switch but when I press to turn it on it goes to the on position and then right back to off position.

danemayer

OK, I found the on/off rocker switch but when I press to turn it on it goes to the on position and then right back to off position.
Maybe someone with a Frigidaire can shed light on the rocker switch operation.

Lou_and_Bette

Maybe someone with a Frigidaire can shed light on the rocker switch operation.

On mine, when you push the switch to the off position it remains in the off position. When you push the "on" side of the switch, it depresses to turn the icemaker on but returns to the "neutral/middle" position when you release it. You hold the switch in the on position for a few seconds to force the icemaker to cycle. I do this several times when winterizing to remove all the water from the line, and do it when returning the icemaker to prime/fill the line with water. Hope this helps.

travlingman

Push on the right side of the switch, hold for about 15 seconds. This will start the arm to raise and the ice maker to cycle. You should then be good to go.