BBQ - quick connect hook up

beardedone

Beardedone
We have 2 - 40lb propane bottles on our new Augusta. I didn't see a quick connect for a BBQ and was wondering if other owners have them or what after market product they purchased to do that. I can't see carrying an extra propane bottle if I have 2 - 40 pounders on board already. Any ideas out there.

jbeletti

Some HL products come with a quick connector on the LP system for grills. North Trail is one that does I believe. Anyway, I believe these are in the low-pressure (regulated) side of the system.

My unit has such a connection. We found it best to remove the regulator on the grill when using LP from the regulated (low-pressure) side of the LP system. that said, we don't have as much flame regulation on the grill as we once had.

I am wondering if there are special grills that are designed to be fed from the regulated side of a trailer LP system?

This is my experience thus far anyway. Happy to not have to drag a tank with me anymore :)

Jim

truknutt

Committed Member
Works for us

I use this setup:

Camco LP Tee w/12 ft hose (#59143)

59133.jpg

Coleman Roadtrip® Grill LX - 9941-768

PRO.jpg

The tee has 2 ACME connectors so hookups are a snap. I run the 12 foot hose down and out the bottom of the doorside tank cabinet.
The grill comes with its own regulator. This setup works great for just the 2 of us.

I also have an inline LP guage (before the tee) so I know if I have enough propane for that evening's meal.

Uncle Rog

Forrest, I thought Al Gore invented the internet, maybe it was you! How do you find these sites? If I was a little more flush I could blow a lot of $ on this stuff........
I still haul around the 20#er for cooking and as a spare...........

Forrest Fetherolf

Forrest, I thought Al Gore invented the internet, maybe it was you! How do you find these sites? If I was a little more flush I could blow a lot of $ on this stuff........
I still haul around the 20#er for cooking and as a spare...........

Rog,

I lived in SoCal for 48 years and hated the ocean, so stayed out of the water and off the beach. Now I have found a better way to go "surfing"...........the internet, no sand in my eyes, no sunblock, no crusty itchy feeling, no critters from the deep, and no freeway traffic or parking problems. The one thing in common is exposed body parts..................the ocean beaches and internet both have a huge selection. :)

Forrest

Blessed

We use the same setup as trucknutt --- same tee, same grill. We have used it for two years on our Landmark and for five years on our previous trailer. No problems.

I understand lugging a 20 # along, however on my older ( I use for camping) trailor I purchased a 10# bottle and on my augusta I increased my propane storage to 140 # of propane. never thought to tap that resource

But with my camper trailor it is nice to move out close to the fire rings with my gas units, away from the trailor for central cooking and relief from some fire hazards to boot

Brent

PS. I have seen some connections that are ran in the Black Pipe part of the line on trailors and you just walk up and plug in