2998rb sattelite question

bgscott

Can anyone help me with correctly connecting my sattelite reciever. I noticed my 2998 only has two cables running into the entertainment center, one labeled cable and one labeled sattelite. these are obviously the connections running from the docking station. if you sit a dual tuner in the entertainment center how do you run the outputs off the tuner to the two bedrooms? Does anyone have a schematic of the actual cable layout?

thanks

Brad S

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I can't help with hooking it up - don't have mine...yet. I can tell you that my connections from the docking station do NOT run directly to the entertainment center. The SAT connector from the docking Station runs straight across to the door side storage connection...and stops there! You really ought to trace out the coax cables in the rig to verify where they go. They may hit a splitter somewhere else before making it to the entertainment center.

jbeletti

Brad,

I will try to get a wiring diagram for the entertainment system for the Sundance. If we are able to get it, it will be more of a wiring plan and less of an exact location of wires sort of a plan. But it will give you a much better sense of what you have to work with.

Depending on whether you are using Dish or Direct, you may actually need 2 satellite feeds to the dual tuner receiver (Direct TV). I believe the Dish dual tuner receiver splits the satellite signal inside the receiver, thereby requiring a single feed. That would be good news for you.

If it exists, using the cable marked "cable" as a back-feed is a great idea. Like HT said, who knows how it is run and there is likely a splitter in the line that will need to be removed. Take your time, explore your RV, remove panels here and there, learn a lot about what is where in the belly of the beast and you will likely find all the you need.

One you do trace out that "cable" line from the LR to the UDC and remove any splitters, you will then need to connect that line to the line that feeds the BR TV. You may have to remove that line off the wall plate at the BR TV if that is where the antenna amplifier is (white wall plate with red led and power button on it).

Not impossible at all. Not easy, not fun but doable. That said, the job is not for everyone. Not technical, just very tedious figuring it all out, finding all the routing, splitting etc. Best of luck.

Jim

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Jim...er, uh...Mr. Beletti...sir...! :) Could you be so kind as to locate one of those coax wiring plans for the awesome Cyclone? I haven't yet completed my tracing out, and it might just come in handy! Thanks!

shanise25

bg, i had the similar problem. A wineguard sat was installed and i wasnt getting all the channels. Took it back to the dealer, they put a splitter in and now i have all 3 tv's working off one receiver. I would take it back to the dealer because it is a pain in the butt.

bgscott

thanks for the help, I am using dish so there is only one feed to the receiver for multiple satellites and tuners. I just need to find a way to feed the second tuner to the bedrooms. I am a EE so this is up my alley anyway, when I get the unit I will go to work figuring this out and then post the mod for anyone else interested. Thanks Jim that rough diagram would be a great starting point!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I to am contemplating setting up my Directv. After reading everyones wiring dilemmas with schematics, where's my cable, etc, this is what I plan to do. My method of choice is to simply run new RG-6 from the UDC to the bedroom and or entertainment center. This way I can have separate recievers each with their own satellite feed. I have dropped the belly and have had the basement panels off and to me this seems to be a pretty straight forward fix. Any thoughts?
Peace
Dave

bgscott

there is a new thread on hooking up direct tv in the landmark forum. a guy did a great job of diagraming the factory wiring plus his modifications. I don't know how this matches sundance as I don't have my hands on my unit yet. as soon as I get the camper I will see how they match up.

jbeletti

Sundance Entertainment Wiring Diagram

Brad,

Engineering just supplied me with 2 drawings for the Sundance entertainment wiring system. One appears to be for units with 3 TV outputs (includes the exterior outlet) and the other appears to be for units with 4 TV outputs (bunkhouse floor plans perhaps).

I have attached both.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Attachments

• Sundance_Coax_Wiring_03_Outputs_Layout.pdf
    469.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Sundance_Coax_Wiring_04_Outputs_Layout.pdf
    486 KB · Views: 23

bgscott

Thanks Jim!!

I pick up my camper tomorrow with plans to try her out this weekend. this will save me much time, I should have the sattelite working in each room by the weekend!!!