Landmark Full Body Paint - Touch up

DirtyMax88

Good afternoon everyone! We recently found a few nice chips in the paint in the rear cap on our Landmark. It's in the Blue portion, so it's pretty noticeable. It happened while at the dealership, but they are taking no responsibility. Even spoke to the General Manager, and he will not take care of it. :mad: Does anyone know if heartland sells some small bottles of touch up and clear coat, so i can try and keep the chips from getting larger or spreading. I know don't believe they have the blue, black, silver color scheme anymore, so hopefully I can still get some.

Thanks!!

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
DirtyMax88,

If you contact customer service they can provide you with the paint numbers for your coach. We had to do that after an "oops" backing into the driveway.
George

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

There should be touch up paint bottles in your coach. Also a sticker on the back of one of your cabinet doors. Mine is in my control cabinet.
And the bottles were in the drawer in the stairs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

DirtyMax88

There should be touch up paint bottles in your coach. Also a sticker on the back of one of your cabinet doors. Mine is in my control cabinet.
And the bottles were in the drawer in the stairs.

I will have to see if they have any in to coach somewhere. I feel like we have been in every drawer in it, and no touch up. I will look for the codes when we get it back. I pick it back up Sat. Thanks for the info!

- - - Updated - - -

Your local auto body paint shop should be able to match it

I was wondering if an auto body shop could do a little work on it, since most of these paints are automotive style type. Thanks for the info.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Here's mine
edb11bb245567c7e73fa85d6920a1ea9.jpg

940961156e4e8c7edd24794b37599796.jpg

DirtyMax88

Here's mine

Thanks, I hope ours is somewhere in the coach. We should have ran across it by now, but who knows. Heck, I might even give the place listed on yours a call, they may of done ours. Don't know if Heartland has the same shop paint all their LM365's. Thanks again!

alwaysbusy

Having been down your road, both Mike's and HL customer service will have your codes. Mike's uses Sikkens brand AkzoNobel. The paint touch up containers cannot be shipped to you. Ensure whatever body shop you utilize to mix has an exact paint code cross reference to their brand of paint. Many body shops use a photo match software system which I personally do not trust.

DirtyMax88

Having been down your road, both Mike's and HL customer service will have your codes. Mike's uses Sikkens brand AkzoNobel. The paint touch up containers cannot be shipped to you. Ensure whatever body shop you utilize to mix has an exact paint code cross reference to their brand of paint. Many body shops use a photo match software system which I personally do not trust.

I appreciate the info. I am going to give them a call shortly, to see if they can mix me up a few touch up bottles, as I'm sure this will happen again. Since I will be in Elkhart, i should be able to stop by their shop and pick up the paint in person, since it can not be shipped. Very Nice Cyclone btw, love the 4000 floor plan!!!

alwaysbusy

Thank you. Getting it from Mike's will be exact color and brand that's on your unit, you can't do better. When I spoke to them they referred to my coach by the Heartland Unit Number; it's a 4 or 5 digit number which I had already. I'm sure they can find you by build time frame, model, VIN, etc if you don't have it.

The touch up comes in handy, we already covered a tiny bike scratch and a mark from the wind catching the TV door and slamming it into the coach. It's inevitable, these things are gonna happen.