Water line under 5th wheel draining water

Eddie32

Hello all,

On a 2017 Big Country there is a blue water line attached to the frame just behind the rear wheel curb side. Every once in a while water will leak from this hose. There is a fitting of some kind on the end of the hose but there is no on off valve. I cannot trace where the line comes from unless I take the underneath cover off the bottom of the trailer. Any ideas what this could be? I am taking it back to the dealer in a few weeks to get some other stuff done and I plan having this issue looked at.

lynndiwagoner

I'm not positive but on mine that was the fresh water tank overflow tube. IF it is and you're connected to city water then I would look at a leaky check valve in the water pump. Very common. IF it is the water pump check valve then shurflo will warranty it. It could also be the Anderson valve. There are ways of diagnosing this problem found on the HUG archives above. Good luck.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
That is your fresh water tank over flow . . . should be another one straight across on the other side as well.

danemayer

Fresh water overflow looks like this:
Fresh Overflow.jpg

When the tank is filling, water will come out when nearly full. While traveling, or if parked on unlevel ground, water may come out of a full or nearly full tank.

Eddie32

Fresh water overflow looks like this:
View attachment 48505

When the tank is filling, water will come out when nearly full. While traveling, or if parked on unlevel ground, water may come out of a full or nearly full tank.

This must be the issue. We were traveling and did park on a pretty unlevel spot at a restaurant. This is when I noticed it and again when we got home but have not seen it leak since. Thanks for the help.

Moandnick

Hello all,

On a 2017 Big Country there is a blue water line attached to the frame just behind the rear wheel curb side. Every once in a while water will leak from this hose. There is a fitting of some kind on the end of the hose but there is no on off valve. I cannot trace where the line comes from unless I take the underneath cover off the bottom of the trailer. Any ideas what this could be? I am taking it back to the dealer in a few weeks to get some other stuff done and I plan having this issue looked at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can also be a faulty transfer switch 4-way Anderson Valve. my 2016 BH just did the same thing and they sent me a new valve and it's all good now. That is the valve that the city water hooks up to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: