Furrion Kitchen Appliances in 2017 models

LBR

We got them in our 2017 CY also...only negative I have is the 3 stove grates mount into very small rubber grommets to keep from rattling...wished Furrion would have supplied a few extra grommets with the literature.

jbeletti

We got them in our 2017 CY also...only negative I have is the 3 stove grates mount into very small rubber grommets to keep from rattling...wished Furrion would have supplied a few extra grommets with the literature.

Have any of the small rubber grommets failed yet? I remember having to replace them on the Atwood and other brands when I had them in other coaches. I saw these smaller grommets on the Furrion and was hopeful the fitment was tight enough for them to say put when removing the grates and not tear apart.

Let us know what issues you experience.

LBR

Have any of the small rubber grommets failed yet? I remember having to replace them on the Atwood and other brands when I had them in other coaches. I saw these smaller grommets on the Furrion and was hopeful the fitment was tight enough for them to say put when removing the grates and not tear apart.

Let us know what issues you experience.
When the grates are off and cleaning, one must pay close attention and try not to catch/hook or wipe too hard over them...try to be careful cleaning around them is my advice.

1) When catching one it could cut where it sets in it's fitment hole....I cut one almost in half before realizing to be cautious with them.

2) If pressing down too hard and wiping over them, the grommet can get pressed thru the hole never to be found again...lol...I pressed one almost completely thru, but tweezered it back to safety. They get cooking oil/grease on them of course, and it doesn't take much pressure to push them thru the hole.

jbeletti

When the grates are off and cleaning, one must pay close attention and try not to catch/hook or wipe too hard over them...try to be careful cleaning around them is my advice.

1) When catching one it could cut where it sets in it's fitment hole....I cut one almost in half before realizing to be cautious with them.

2) If pressing down too hard and wiping over them, the grommet can get pressed thru the hole never to be found again...lol...I pressed one almost completely thru, but tweezered it back to safety. They get cooking oil/grease on them of course, and it doesn't take much pressure to push them thru the hole.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to get it to our Furrion rep.

LBR

Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to get it to our Furrion rep.
Thank you for monitoring the minor aches and pains here...it is really appreciated.

Think I'll let my DW clean it from now on so I don't get arrested and charged for grommet abuse...

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I wonder if it is possible to change my Atwood stove top and oven for the new furion. I know I'd have to replace that section of the countertop, but I really like the furion set-up and seeing as how Heatland no longer makes my coach (Landmark Newport with the downstairs office/pantry NOT the 1/2 bath) buying a new rig is out of the question.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

When in Vegas Joel (from Heartland) told us that the hole for the new Furrion gas Cooktop is the same as the hole from the induction Cooktop. He also sent me the links with all of the measurements for both the oven and the Cooktop.
This might be a future Mod for me. DW really wants an oven but hasn't wanted to give up her drawers yet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I wonder if it is possible to change my Atwood stove top and oven for the new furion. I know I'd have to replace that section of the countertop, but I really like the furion set-up and seeing as how Heatland no longer makes my coach (Landmark Newport with the downstairs office/pantry NOT the 1/2 bath) buying a new rig is out of the question.

Keith, if you really wanted the Furrion cooktop and were willing to pay what it would take to get it done, here's what I would do...
1. Work with Heartland to mfr a new countertop with the cutout for the Furrion cooktop
2. Buy the Furrion cooktop
3. Find in Elkhart, a shop willing to replace your countertop, install the cooktop and do any cabinetry rework*

Arrange all of the above over the winter and have the work scheduled a week before the Goshen pre-rally, then roll into the rally with your updated kitchen!

*Since some cabinetry might have to be redone below the cooktop, consider having the Furrion oven put in as well! :)

klindgren

Keith, if you really wanted the Furrion cooktop and were willing to pay what it would take to get it done, here's what I would do...
1. Work with Heartland to mfr a new countertop with the cutout for the Furrion cooktop
2. Buy the Furrion cooktop
3. Find in Elkhart, a shop willing to replace your countertop, install the cooktop and do any cabinetry rework*

Arrange all of the above over the winter and have the work scheduled a week before the Goshen pre-rally, then roll into the rally with your updated kitchen!

*Since some cabinetry might have to be redone below the cooktop, consider having the Furrion oven put in as well! :)

Thanks Jim. Sounds like a plan. Do I go through Heartland Customer Service to see about a new countertop? I have the cooktop/oven combo already, so I'm hoping it would be minor remodeling to put the Furion oven is as well . I would certainly do both, not just the cooktop.

jbeletti

Thanks Jim. Sounds like a plan. Do I go through Heartland Customer Service to see about a new countertop? I have the cooktop/oven combo already, so I'm hoping it would be minor remodeling to put the Furion oven is as well . I would certainly do both, not just the cooktop.

Keith, yes, I'd start with Customer Service - 877-262-8032.

Chingo77

Can anyone post up any pics of the new Furrion Oven interior? I am actually contemplating getting rid of my current Brookstone for a new Cyclone with the upgraded kitchen.

Any pics would be fantastic! Any in depth reviews of baking in the new oven?

klindgren

Can anyone post up any pics of the new Furrion Oven interior? I am actually contemplating getting rid of my current Brookstone for a new Cyclone with the upgraded kitchen.

Any pics would be fantastic! Any in depth reviews of baking in the new oven?

There is a flye rlink on the very first post of this thread. You can look at their web page at www.furron.com/kitchens..

- - - Updated - - -

Keith, yes, I'd start with Customer Service - 877-262-8032.
Thanks Jim. I have contacted customer service and they forwarded me to east coast parts. They are checking into it and are suppose to get back with me.

As you said, I'd like to get everything set up so I can have this done just prior to the pre-rally in Goshen next year.

Chingo77

Can anyone post pictures of the gas range with oven vent on the back? I'm installing the new oven in my Coachmen and Foreign/LCI makes no mention of a vent. Even though I have seen them in pictures.

Would appreciate any help!

LBR

Can anyone post pictures of the gas range with oven vent on the back? I'm installing the new oven in my Coachmen and Foreign/LCI makes no mention of a vent. Even though I have seen them in pictures.

Would appreciate any help!
Our CY has the vent directly behind the Furrion top and pretty sure it is what your asking about. On our walk thru, it was explained to us that it is there to draw in any raw propane fumes from gas range burners should that happen....nothing was mentioned about it being used for the oven.

Chingo77

Thanks LBR. You have to order the parts from LCI, they know nothing about their new products. I ask questions, they don't know and say they will get back to me. Then they don't. Since I'm replacing a previous oven, I'm not sure about the parts I need. Luckily, that's why they invented Keystone Light, credit cards and hotels for when things don't work out. If you get a chance, pictures would be appreciated.

esscobra

call furrion- they sent me e(email pdf )the manuals earlier this year- ( took several times as they kept emailing for wrong product )- if I didn't delete them I will attach or post- was trying to get info on them before ordering the bighorn and induction-

Has anyone with the new combo cooked wit them- specifically the oven? Does it actually heat and cook well or is it same as older ones

danemayer

call furrion- they sent me e(email pdf )the manuals earlier this year- ( took several times as they kept emailing for wrong product )- if I didn't delete them I will attach or post- was trying to get info on them before ordering the bighorn and induction-

Has anyone with the new combo cooked wit them- specifically the oven? Does it actually heat and cook well or is it same as older ones
If you'll email the manuals to manuals@heartlandowners.org I'll post them to the manuals section of the forum. We currently have the Furrion Oven/Range Installation Manual located here.