Heat pumps and furnace re-wire.

Mburtsvt

So I think I got this figured out - I’m now looking to see if my train of thought is correct. I have the Landmark with three air conditioners. The far left and far right have heat pumps on them. So far- so good. The middle A/C was an option, it does NOT have a heat pump. OK-no big deal, but you can’t run the front heat pump AND the furnace at the same time! You can only select either the heat pump or the furnace - not both. The furnace and heat pump are on the same thermostat.
So my next project will be to wire in the furnace into the middle thermostat, (controller for the middle A/C), so I can run the heat pump on one thermostat AND furnace on the other thermostat at the same time.

Am I on the right track here?

danemayer

You may find that the wiring for the furnace goes from thermostat to a relay somewhere; the relay providing the 12V DC to run the furnace.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
From the information you provided the furnace is controlled on the front AC thermostat. The furnace is controlled by the a relay in the front AC control board. The heat pump should operate until outside temperature gets around 32 degrees, then the heat pump will turn off and the furnace will turn on.

To control the heater from the center AC one would have to move the control wires from the front AC control board to the center AC control board. Then reset the front and the center AC thermostats to recognize the changes to the wiring. It will very difficult (very labor intensive) to fish the furnace wiring from the front to the center AC control board, because of the laminated roof/ceiling structure.

If you need additional information please call customer service at Dometic.