How does the heating system work?

marchill

I have a Bighorn and am trying to figure out the heating system...

!) The living room overhead fan blow constantly no matter if the desired temperature has been reached or not. It's very noisy. (Heat does blow out the registers until desired heat is reached.) Is this the constant overhead fan blowing normal...unavoidable?
2) The bedroom has a thermostat with a heater indication. When I turn it on I only get ambient air blowing through the roof. Is there supposed to be heat coming out of the vents?
3) Above the living room thermostat there is what looks to be another thermostat with a slide indicator for the temp. It's a Honeywell with the words on it "Fan Vent Instantly". WHAT IS THIS??

thanks

Noofear

On both of your thermostats, set fan to AU for auto, that should take care of them running constantly. The thermostat in your bedroom is for air conditioning unless you have a heat pump installed.
I'm not positive but the Honeywell control may be for your fantastic fan vent in the kitchen, mine is an actual fantastic vent control but I'm sure they are interchangable.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ks.Kev

And while on the subject of the heater...... there is a air filter on the AC,
does the heater have some sort of a filter that has to be cleaned or changed?

danemayer

And while on the subject of the heater...... there is a air filter on the AC,
does the heater have some sort of a filter that has to be cleaned or changed?
The furnace doesn't have a filter. If it did, when it collected enough dirt, the sail switch would fail to close and the furnace would stop working.