Landmark Orlando Exterior LED Cap Light Out

oldelmer1

Noticed that the door side LED light on the front cap is out. If I pull it out it will light if I tug on it, but when I put it back into its hole, it goes out. Went to the off door side and pulled that light out and tugged and the door side would flash.

Sounds like I have a loose wire somewhere.

Anyone know how to access the wire harness behind the front cap?

I called Heartland and they said to take it to my dealer....

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That could be a tuff one.
Try swapping the lights from one side to the other first. of course be extra careful to not loose the wires or you'll have to go fishing for them.
Also carefully pinch the terminals in a little bit to get a tighter connection.
Hopefully you'll get lucky.

Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

oldelmer1

Jerrod,

The led light has the 2 wires molded right into the fixture, it seems like the light itself is fine.

Was thinking maybe trying to fish a sinker thru the tiny hole and hopefully finding it around the pinbox, that way I could connect new wires to the new wire box, bypassing the original wiring.

I cant imagine how the dealer would fix it, and I'd prefer they didn't take the cap off to tighten a wire nut.

oldelmer1

So I got to thinking can I access the wiring through the front closet. Looking at the shelves in the front closet, there are 3 screws on both sides of the unit. Screws out and the entire shelving unit lifter right out.

20161119_150025.jpg

I thought there would be insulation behind there, and I was right:

20161119_150005.jpg

But I didn't think it was all laying down instead of on the back of the shelving unit. Stapled all the insulation back in place.

I found the wires in the upper door side of the cap and cut then 3 way crimp off and twisted and soldered the wires together before putting a wire nut on and taping it up.

checked the light and its working great.

oldelmer1

Yes i agree, it was all just shoved down at the bottom. I stapled it back up, but I dont know if the staples will hold for very long.

There is a sheet of black fiber plastic?? there too, I was going to spray that with glue and stick the fiberglass insulation into the glue, but then I thought If I have to get back into there, that would be a mess.