Slide Insulation Values

Triber

The other day I was checking over my '09 Big Horn and discovered that the end walls in all of my slides have no insulation in them! I removed a couple of mounting screws and sure enough, there is 1 1/2" of dead air space. I discovered this because the end walls sounded "hollow" when tapped on compared with the outside walls of the slides.

The sales people and the factory web site makes quite a bit about the insulation values of the Big Horn but if this is standard on all slide construction and not an error on mine then the insulation values quoted will only apply if your slides are closed!

Not performance! I'd like to hear from other Big Horn owners. Check your end walls by tapping on them an then tapping on the outside wall. You will know right away if there is insulation present or not!

Triber

jbeletti

Triber,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I just gave a tour at the factory last week with a couple of BH product owners and we witnessed fiberglass insulation being installed in the end walls of the slide-out rooms. Knocking on the walls, the ends will sound different than the sides. The sides are thicker and have solid block foam for insulation.

Jim