King Antenna Mounting

Aandaar

Getting ready to order all the things I need mount this antenna. I stuck on what Screws I should use for adapter plate to roof. Anyone got a suggestion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

Skywrench

Full Timer
Just curious what type of King antenna you are mounting. I assume it's a satellite antenna. I'd look at the mount and see what the max size of screws you can use. Use stainless steel or corrosion resistant hardware. Also try to use a stud finder with deep scan to try to find some structure to screw into. Be aware that there could be air conditioning ducting and wiring in the ceiling of your coach.

Aandaar

Opps replacing the crank OTA with the King OTA.

Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I reused the screws from the old crank up antenna. Had plenty to do the job.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
How much better is the King OTA antenna vs the stock crank up?

Last time I was at Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach I got 5 or 6 stations with my old crank up. I can get almost 20 in full 1080 HD with the new King.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Did you get the whole antenna with mount . . . or just the head replacement that goes on the batwing arm?

Here is ours . . .

ProwlerMaxxAirFrontDoneStorm-P1010871.jpg

Took less than five minutes to replace using the same hardware that was already on the mast.

Works way better than the batwing ever did.

justafordguy

X2, That King replacement head is the same one I got 3 years ago. It does work great and gets way more stations than the original bat wing antenna. ;)

Aandaar

So I got ours installed this weekend and went from 3 channels to 30. Granted some are in Spanish.