Dehumidifier

Steve.Twoknee

Does anyone use the Eva-dry dehumidifier? I've found several positive reviews and it isn't real expensive. I'm still curious to learn more or hear about options.
78b439429569e26214f0539b7e662255.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Have two of them I use in my BH. One in living area and one in bathroom. The one in bath we use after we shower. One in living area we only use on hot humid days.

Got them thru Amazon.

Steve.Twoknee

Have two of them I use in my BH. One in living area and one in bathroom. The one in bath we use after we shower. One in living area we only use on hot humid days.

Got them thru Amazon.

Any issues? Would you buy them again?

Donna1098

I bought this dehumidifier and it works great! I think I bought it from Amazon. It is very small but collects a lot of moisture. There is an automatic shut off if it fills up.

Nuclearcowboy

Does anyone use the Eva-dry dehumidifier? I've found several positive reviews and it isn't real expensive. I'm still curious to learn more or hear about options.
78b439429569e26214f0539b7e662255.jpg

We bought these units and, while they worked OK, they just did not remove enough moisture fast enough for us. Now, with that said, we have a very large 5th wheel (43' 8") and we do live in the southeast US, so humidity buildup can occur fast. Not only that, we currently are not full timing so, when we come to the end of a trip, we want the unit's humidity as low as possible prior to parking until the next trip. What we ended up getting is a larger Haier unit, which uses a compressor. It works excellent but is larger and heavier, not an issue for us. The EVA units work on a different principal, using heating elements, and there have been some reports of these units overheating and even catching fire - I would research that information to get comfortable with using them.

DuaneG

We have a couple but they do get loud if to much dust gets caught in the screen. Keep them clean and blow out any dust for good measure.

https://www.recallrtr.com/dehumidifier

There have been a bunch of recalls so good idea to check if you already own one to see if it has a known problem.

Domi

We bought a Ivation Petite Dehumidifier (looks just like yours in the picture) off Amazon and never had it get a drop of water in the bin. Admittedly we are in the west but the humidity was in the 40 to 50% range so we should have gotten something especially at night. We were hoping to stop condensation on the windows at night but it did not do anything.

Hope your brand is better but I would not buy another on of these,

John'

Steve.Twoknee

We bought a Ivation Petite Dehumidifier (looks just like yours in the picture) off Amazon and never had it get a drop of water in the bin. Admittedly we are in the west but the humidity was in the 40 to 50% range so we should have gotten something especially at night. We were hoping to stop condensation on the windows at night but it did not do anything.

Hope your brand is better but I would not buy another on of these,

John'

Thanks for the input. Have yet to pull the trigger on this unit, but limiting condensation on windows is a goal. That being said, here in Iowa humidity at 40 or 50% is dry!
We also run our little bathroom vent fan a lot, which does help. Thinking about one of those fancy fantastic fans for my other, currently fanless, ceiling vent.
I will also say that our Heartland Mallard seems to be better insulated and assembled 'tighter' than our former Puma TT and I think that has also made a difference in the moisture levels being a bit more controllable.

Bobby A

Thanks for the input. Have yet to pull the trigger on this unit, but limiting condensation on windows is a goal. That being said, here in Iowa humidity at 40 or 50% is dry!
We also run our little bathroom vent fan a lot, which does help. Thinking about one of those fancy fantastic fans for my other, currently fanless, ceiling vent.
I will also say that our Heartland Mallard seems to be better insulated and assembled 'tighter' than our former Puma TT and I think that has also made a difference in the moisture levels being a bit more controllable.

I replaced my little bathroom vent fan with a Vortex 1, it really works well and is a lot cheaper than the fantastic fan, plus the installation is all done from the in side. Several people on this forum have replaced theirs with this, you can get them at Camping world or Amazon, camping world have them on sale from time to time.

Steve.Twoknee

I replaced my little bathroom vent fan with a Vortex 1, it really works well and is a lot cheaper than the fantastic fan, plus the installation is all done from the in side. Several people on this forum have replaced theirs with this, you can get them at Camping world or Amazon, camping world have them on sale from time to time.

Thanks!

Domi

I will second the Vortex (we put in a 2). Nice fan, quieter then our old one and moves a lot more air. I like the fact it is reversible. Installation was easy but I made it harder by not really understanding the instructions. I have noticed that the fan seems to sit on the screen and had to put some tape on it to prevent a rub through. Also I found all kinds of small holes that I had to tape up (that allowed the screen to be removed) since small bugs were getting in. It's not perfect but it works for us and is a lot less then the fantastic fan. But you do get what you pay for.

If you were closer I would offer you my Dehumidifier since we consider it worth less. PM me if your interested maybe we can work something out.

John