bubbling on sides of 2015 Cyclone

Kam0923

Is anyone experiencing bubbling or delamination on your RV? We have a 2015 Cyclone 4200 and the sides are very wavy. No water - no leaking and seems to get better when temps are cooler. Any thoughts?

sengli

The sides of our 2013 are not baby butt smooth either, if you look all the way down the sides. They have some non uniformity to them. Really need to see some photos.

Kam0923

The sides of our 2013 are not baby butt smooth either, if you look all the way down the sides. They have some non uniformity to them. Really need to see some photos.

No, actual bubbling, not just wavy. Will post photos. just had it inspected. Station asked what was wrong with the camper. Stay tuned...

IronJ

One of my cargo doors is like that...has waves in upper part..havent noticed it anywhwre else

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

danemayer

Bubbling is around slides. Cut one - no water/sealed it. When it gets cold, not as noticeable. Leads me to believe delaminating or separating? Thoughts?

It's possible that delamination can be caused by a manufacturing problem, but it's rare. It's almost always due to water intrusion.

If the bubbles are larger when the temperature goes up, that would suggest something in the wall that is reacting to temperature. Fiberglas? Wood? Foam? Metal? Moisture? The first 4 are in every sidewall and if they do react to temperature, it normally doesn't cause bubbling of the surface.

Jim-Lynn

I would be heading to me dealer & let a professional look at it. My 2015 4200 - we have had the patio and rear door both replaced due to delamination, BUT the fiberglass did not bubble. Have not had any issues since.

Don't prolong this, as it could cause more problems.

Jim

Kam0923

I would be heading to me dealer & let a professional look at it. My 2015 4200 - we have had the patio and rear door both replaced due to delamination, BUT the fiberglass did not bubble. Have not had any issues since.

Don't prolong this, as it could cause more problems.

Jim

Thanks for the response. Will definitely get someone to look at it. Just wanted to know if anyone was having the same problem.