Braces for wheel skirts

deee2

We have a 2009 3055 rl and my husband noticed that the right side has no brace between the frame to the bottom of the fender skirt between the two tires (on the right side). Are we missing this or is that how it was designed? Is this something we need to order?

Thanks,

Donna :)

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I'd like to know about this too. During a factory visit, both of our fenders were replaced as they had cracked, and now the one on the door side has no support between the tires and it vibrates horribly...shouldn't this be braced...it's already cracking again?

geeksrus

Me too!

On the door side there is a support bracket from the flair to the large slide-out. Yet on the other side, there isn't a bracket.

As a number of people have reported their flairs cracking, I think that there should be support brackets to help prevent this from happening.

EH?

cjbearden

Visitor
Our Augusta had two braces missing on DS fender skirt. Was noted during PDI but after taking delivery discovered the two braces were still missing. Made trip from Ft. Collins, CO to Benton, AR without a crack forming. Camping World, North Little Rock, AR, installed proper bracing (charged back to original dealer).

geeksrus

Me too!

On the door side there is a support bracket from the flair to the large slide-out. Yet on the other side, there isn't a bracket.

As a number of people have reported their flairs cracking, I think that there should be support brackets to help prevent this from happening.

EH?

I was wrong... re-checked this morning & there are brackets connected to both flares.:eek:

EH!

wazz_zup

My RH side fender flare between the wheels was missing one also. So I made my own out of some 1/8 x 2" wide strip steel I picked up at lowes. No more "wings" flapping as we go down the highway:D.

tcbrady

Donna,
There should be a brace from the bottom of the fender skirt to the frame (doorside of 3055RL). You will need to call our parts department if you do not have one.
Sorry for the confusion.
thanks, Coley

gdog

gdog
Just checked my 09 3055 and found a brace on the drivers side which works well. On the door side I found a different type of brace that actually braces nothing as it is a light piece of metal that does not sit diagonal but rather parallels the skirt itself. It looks like an after thought. I will be fabricating my own piece for this. My fender skirt does have a small crack where it is screwed on to the body. Probably a result of the poor brace.
gdog

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The brace on my Landmark was missing on one side when I purchased it. I had it put on after the fact. The brace which was on one side looked like a bent curtain rod. It is light but does the job. I would have your dealer put the one you are missing on.

deee2

How is THAT for service? The braces came today right to our doorstep!

Thank you Heartland!

Donna :)