Patio Upgrade

cdensomnia

I know at one point there were a few people checking on getting the new patio gates that heartland came out with on their trailers that had the previous generation. Has anyone pulled the trigger on that yet? I especially would like the better looking and more functional patio gates and stairs on my 4200. I heard it may require a different patio door but just looking for some confirmation from those who may have looked in to it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

hboy1

Not answering your specific question, but my camper came with the new Morryde patio rails on the rear ramp. In my specific camper the new patio rails caused the 3 season wall to not fit (clearance issue between the ramp door and happyjack beds). I've been working with the dealer to get this resolved.

Currently my camper is at the dealer where Heartland has sent a new patio door with the old rail system to replace the original ramp door and morryde patio rails so the 2 season wall will fit. They were told that the different ramp (assuming patio as well) have different support design in the door for the specific rail system. Without specific knowledge and definitive answer for you, it seams reasonable that different patio rails will require a different patio for proper use.

cdensomnia

Not answering your specific question, but my camper came with the new Morryde patio rails on the rear ramp. In my specific camper the new patio rails caused the 3 season wall to not fit (clearance issue between the ramp door and happyjack beds). I've been working with the dealer to get this resolved.

Currently my camper is at the dealer where Heartland has sent a new patio door with the old rail system to replace the original ramp door and morryde patio rails so the 2 season wall will fit. They were told that the different ramp (assuming patio as well) have different support design in the door for the specific rail system. Without specific knowledge and definitive answer for you, it seams reasonable that different patio rails will require a different patio for proper use.

Interesting! So they are putting the old door and old rail system on your trailer? Does that mean anyone with the new rail system can't use the 3 season door? That sounds like a problem. ;) I would take the new rail system over the 3 season door. I heard that the doors were different but in looking at the pictures they don't seem all that different unless like you said there is some extra framing or something.

hboy1

My issue was not typical of other campers with the 3 season wall. My camper has a smaller garage and I think was one of the first 2017's built with the new patio rails. I guess the 3 season wall is one of the last components to be installed from the factory. It looks like they tried to install it (there were multiple holes in the wall where the 3 season wall goes).

The only answer I really got was this new patio rails took up more space and this was a design flaw that they did not realize. They shipped the camper with the new patio rails and no 3 season wall.

Other floor plans have not had this problem and I think my issue is rare, or maybe the only one.

While working with the dealer to resolve the issue, I sent an identification number from the ramp door and measurements of the door for heartland to look at. Thus, the new door....

I'm not complaining, only sharing to say, the existing patio pry won't be compatible with the new rail system (unless some good ol' american modification proves otherwise).

LBR

Our later 2017 CY has the Morryde system and 3 season doors. If we close the DS and ODS in wrong 1-2 order, the 2 rails don't set next to each other as well as if the rails were closed in the opposite, "correct" order. The rail will gouge the tailgate and press into the 3 season doors if we fold them in the wrong 1-2 order.

I can't remember which one to close first, but think it is the ODS one first, then the DS one....I will check for sure.

Sowie

Has anyone been able to find or purchase the black out inserts for the 3 season doors? I have called my dealer in Jacksonville 2 times and they said they are waiting on lci to get back with them. Not sure why they don't automatically include them with the rig. Does anyone actually have them and if so what do they think of them. Thanks.

pjones1969

Our later 2017 CY has the Morryde system and 3 season doors. If we close the DS and ODS in wrong 1-2 order, the 2 rails don't set next to each other as well as if the rails were closed in the opposite, "correct" order. The rail will gouge the tailgate and press into the 3 season doors if we fold them in the wrong 1-2 order.

I can't remember which one to close first, but think it is the ODS one first, then the DS one....I will check for sure.

i close mine in the wrong order every time, I'm going to put a small 1 and 2 sticker on them somewhere so I can remember which one goes first.

TxRoadWarrior362

Ya'll got me thinking. I have the newer Morryde porch rails and stairs on my 17 RW 362. I also have the Lippert 3 season door. Lippert site says the door can be clear, tinted, and/or blackout. Lippert site makes it sound as though it comes with all three?? My door only has the clear plastic inserts with the screens. Did I get everything from the dealer, or am I missing the tinted, and blackout panels?? :confused: What makes this door three seasons??

We hung black-out curtains for nights that we have the patio down....which is every night.

Tim

- - - Updated - - -

i close mine in the wrong order every time, I'm going to put a small 1 and 2 sticker on them somewhere so I can remember which one goes first.

With the gates closed correctly, does the gate rub against the bottom of your three season door causing scoring on the door?

pjones1969

With the gates closed correctly, does the gate rub against the bottom of your three season door causing scoring on the door?

I haven't noticed any rubbing yet, but I've only had it out twice so far, seems to stay together pretty good with the velcro straps

LBR

Ya'll got me thinking. I have the newer Morryde porch rails and stairs on my 17 RW 362. I also have the Lippert 3 season door. Lippert site says the door can be clear, tinted, and/or blackout. Lippert site makes it sound as though it comes with all three?? My door only has the clear plastic inserts with the screens. Did I get everything from the dealer, or am I missing the tinted, and blackout panels?? :confused: What makes this door three seasons??

We hung black-out curtains for nights that we have the patio down....which is every night.

Tim

- - - Updated - - -

We have to close drivers side first, then passenger side...if we reverse that, it scapes up the passenger door bottom...the 2 sides don't meld together properly.

rocrider50

Curious, when I close in the "right order", were they fit the best, the Velcro to hold the gates together doesn't work. I need to re-Velcro the door.

LBR

Curious, when I close in the "right order", were they fit the best, the Velcro to hold the gates together doesn't work. I need to re-Velcro the door.
Lol....same thing as ours it sounds like.

When standing inside facing outward, our Velcro strip on the left is attached correct, but the one on right side was attached the wrong way...we have to give it a 180° twist for the Velcro to hook to itself....we had the same factory monkey attach both of ours apparently...haha

Just to confirm...you are closing the driver's side rail first, then passenger side rail...correct?

rocrider50

Lol....same thing as ours it sounds like.

When standing inside facing outward, our Velcro strip on the left is attached correct, but the one on right side was attached the wrong way...we have to give it a 180° twist for the Velcro to hook to itself....we had the same factory monkey attach both of ours apparently...haha

Just to confirm...you are closing the driver's side rail first, then passenger side rail...correct?

Yep and performing the same 180deg twist as well.

pjones1969

Same monkey installed my velcro also, when standing inside my left one is bass akwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OEFVET

Tim

Even if it's not supposed to come with all three I would be interested in getting the blackout inserts.

OEFVET

Just ordered both the smoked window kit and the privacy black window kit from Lippert.

327874 is the part number for privacy
327875 is the part number for smoked