Thumbs up Heartland!

TxRoadWarrior362

I'd like to thank Hearland and Anthony Roberts with Heartland for doing the right thing. My two month old Road Warrior 362 is having three new ac's installed as well as a new roof.

I'm not pleased with the issues with my Warrior, but it's nice to know Heartland has integrity and doing the right thing.

Dometic might want to think about the decision they made, and the lack of integrity they showed.

Tim

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Glad things are working out for you and Heartland is stepping up. Yes, there has been a huge problems with the new Dometic a/c's some with good results, others with not as satisfactory results. Let us know the final results.

alwaysbusy

We like others have the same similar brown staining from our Dometics, while much comes off, much remains. Still no answer on what it is? Now I'm a little concerned myself. All three units work great, but we've never had such staining on previous coaches from a/c units.

TxRoadWarrior362

I stopped by the dealers today. They were removing all roof items and going to remove the roof soon. This is the staining I've been talking about. The dealer tried multiple times to remove it without success. The substance leached into the rubber material. pic is from the front ac. Dometic told the dealer to send back the three ac's for them to examine. I'm not sure if if we will ever hear back on what caused the stains.
I'm not happy with the issues, but again, Explore USA and Heartland have shined thru this process so far.
Tim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 134

alwaysbusy

Yep, looks like ours. Please do not take me as negative Nancy here; however, with so many of us stating we have the same staining with working units, who's to say staining won't occur with the three new units on your new roof? I'm sure a concern of yours as well, but at the heart of the issue is why is this occurring to us all? I really hope you receive a response you can share with us. Happy Thanksgiving all.

jam20ster

Same staining on ours. However every 3 months I hire a local detail company and it all comes off. Not sure what they use, but next time I will ask them.

I also have them apply the Roof UV protector every 3 months.

TxRoadWarrior362

We should have the beast back by Friday. These are from today.

Attachments

• trim.1C43E872-68E1-4704-956F-583A7BF35026.MOV
    788.1 KB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 89

katscraft

We have a 2017 Rw362. We've had it for 5 mo. There are a couple of issues but mainly we have an axel problem. We were told it was overloaded. We carry nothing more than our clothes and regular kitchen stuff ( no toys). I just wondered about the slide in a slide since it is on that side. Any problems for you?
Katscraft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

We have a 2017 Rw362. We've had it for 5 mo. There are a couple of issues but mainly we have an axel problem. We were told it was overloaded. We carry nothing more than our clothes and regular kitchen stuff ( no toys). I just wondered about the slide in a slide since it is on that side. Any problems for you?
Katscraft

Hi katscraft,

Axles can have lots of different kinds of problems. One we've been discussing on another thread has to do with how level the trailer is while towing. Some of us think that towing nose high can transfer weight to the rear axle; nose low to the front axle. Any chance you have a condition like that? Something else?

katscraft

Gosh, I don't know. We're new to this so I'm not even sure how you would adjust the nose. We had the hitch purchased and installed when and where we purchased the 5th wheel. How would I check that? Thank you for your response.

danemayer

Gosh, I don't know. We're new to this so I'm not even sure how you would adjust the nose. We had the hitch purchased and installed when and where we purchased the 5th wheel. How would I check that? Thank you for your response.

There are a couple of methods. Start by hitching up and getting to a level surface. You can measure the distance from bottom of the frame to the ground at front and rear of the trailer. If you have a drop frame in the front, you'll have to make an adjustment for that difference. The front to rear comparison will let you know whether you're level or not. If not, the hitch can usually be adjusted up or down as can the pinbox. Another method would be to use a carpenter's level along the frame toward the front.

The discussion we've been having is with respect to a trailer where the rear axle has lost camber. The manufacturer's rep looked at it and thought it looked to have been overloaded. Like you, the owner is certain the trailer is not overloaded. But his is riding 4" nose high, which transfers some weight from front axle to rear axle. It doesn't appear to be much when weighed at rest, but we're wondering if it may be the underlying cause.

If one of your axles has lost camber, it would be interesting to know which one and whether you're nose high or low, and how much.

But, if you have some other problem with the axle, this might not be applicable at all.

jimtoo

I would like to see individual wheel weights on a unit that is set level and then have same unit jack up the front by 4" or something like that to just see how much weight is transferred from front axle to back axle. Then a percentage of weight transfer could be established. Everything is just a guess now and I have a hard time believing 4" or 5" would transfer enough weight to cause a bent axle.

Jim M

danemayer

I would like to see individual wheel weights on a unit that is set level and then have same unit jack up the front by 4" or something like that to just see how much weight is transferred from front axle to back axle. Then a percentage of weight transfer could be established. Everything is just a guess now and I have a hard time believing 4" or 5" would transfer enough weight to cause a bent axle.

Jim M
JohnD got individual axle weights while 4" nose high. The difference was small. Based on that I'd agree. But I'm still wondering if there's some difference between that and the dynamic loads while running down the highway.

mlpeloquin

Katscraft

We tow noise high and near max weight. At about five inches noise high do to the king pin and the air bags to level the truck. We had the truck weighed in Goshen without the new king pin, and then again at Los Vegas rally this year with the Trailair Flex Air king pin. It shifted 100 lbs to the back axle. The entire total weight was almost the same as when we sere at Goshen. So the back axle with a full load is now at max weight of 6000lbs. So it does effect the weight. Now weigh your rig with both axles one on each scale on a truck CAT scale. At least you will know how much weight is on each axle. I know how much is on each tire.

TxRoadWarrior362

Katscraft

We haven't had any slide issues. My roof issues still linger, but the beast goes back in the shop on the 19th for it's third roof. We are camping this week and plan on camping west Texas the week of the 26th.

we love this trailer and hope you are enjoying your 362.

Tim

- - - Updated - - -

We haven't had any slide issues. My roof issues still linger, but the beast goes back in the shop on the 19th for it's third roof. We are camping this week and plan on camping west Texas the week of the 26th.

Tim

what kind of axel issues do you have, and how did you know there was a problem?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
With two 5080K axles, these were the two axle weights:

Front trailer axle 3480
Rear trailer axle 3840

Well below the axle ratings.

Since we had to cancel our trip to the Arizona Rally next month we are not in as big a rush to get the trailer fixed.

I will be taking it in to the axle shop in January to let them inspect the rear axle and figure out what we are going to do.

They are considering bending the axle(s) back in to camber or replacing the rear axle and upgrading the springs, or possibly upgrading both to a bigger axle.

I will take it to the cat scales at one of the big truck stops on I-70 at I-270 (Denver) and get some better numbers while I have it out.

ProwlerMeasure-P1020514.jpg
Front measured 4 1/2 inches higher in the front when I took this shot in the neighborhood Kohl's parking lot moments after we arrived home from the Vegas Rally.

katscraft

Thank you for all your replies. I feel like we have a lot of good information. Thank you owners for teaching us novices. Any other advice your willing to share would be greatly appreciated.

alwaysbusy

Tim

- - - Updated - - -

what kind of axel issues do you have, and how did you know there was a problem?

Tx,
Third new roof? I've been trying to follow your experience. In order not to hijack this thread do you have another post going still? I checked in on one of the old but saw nothing and am really interested in what your finding. I took my unit in for warranty. It is still there and while I'm not seeking a new roof, I want the unknown staining identified and stopped. Dealer plans on getting with both Heartland and Dometic. Would love to know what's happening on your end. Thanks