Propane Regulator'Hose assembly replacement parts.

EEdawg

I have a 2016 Bighorn 3760EL which I just love.
However I smelled propane the other day and tracked it down to a leaky regulator.
Since it is still in warranty, I contacted Heartland and they have twice sent me repair parts. These two parts deliveries still haven't provided the correct part to solve the problem. I will try again with Heartland on Monday. I did send them pictures of the bad part. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can fix it locally? I visited one RV shop in Huntsville AL and they didn't have any useful parts.
In my trailer the tank on the door side attaches to a hose that runs to a 30 psi pressure regulator mounted on the door side wall. This pressure regulator and the hose are a one piece assembly. This regulator hose assembly is the defective part. There is even a note stamped on the regulator that states"Hose is not removable." The output of this regulator then attaches to a hose that goes to the off-door side of the trailer. This off-door side has the other tank and the tank switch-over valve.
Internet searches haven't turned up any useful parts.
A pic of the bad part is shown. Advice is appreciated.
Original HoseandRegulatorassy1.jpg

danemayer

What did Heartland send you?

The pigtail used to be separate from the regulator. Have you tried shopping for the separate parts?

EEdawg

The first shipment sent me a pigtail hose and a regulator. The outflow side of the regulator fits to the hose going to the other side. But the pigtail would not connect to the inflow side of the regulator. The fittings are not mates.
The second shipment was a big shipment with parts such as one would use to install a dual tank system like one would put on a bumper pull trailer. I looked and I couldn't find any useful parts such a fitting adapter.
I didn't find the separate parts when I looked; But I don't Have any part numbers for the separate parts.

danemayer

ut the pigtail would not connect to the inflow side of the regulator. The fittings are not mates.
Sounds like the parts person needs to try harder.

Last time I replaced by switchover regulator, I couldn't find one that had the right fittings. I had to buy adapters at the local hardware store.

kickinbar

Any time I need propane system parts I go to my local propane dealer. They have a large parts department and are very helpful. Might try that route!!!

rxbristol

Any time I need propane system parts I go to my local propane dealer. They have a large parts department and are very helpful. Might try that route!!!

I agree--any propane merchant should be able to supply the minor fitting part you need. It looks like the Heartland parts department went out of their way to send you everything in the propane supply system to include a dual-stage regulator--these are not cheap. Keep them as spares or to modify your system.

gasman

Camp Socializer
The 30# regulator is to lower the pressure in the hose going across the front bay. I removed that hose and replaced it with 1/2" black iron pipe. I put reducing 90's on each end and eliminated the 30# regulator. Those regulators have a history of leaking and are not required if using hard pipe.

EEdawg

Thanks everybody for the advice. I went to a different rv dealer today and he had an adapter fitting that would allow the Heartland supplied material to work.
I installed it and all is well.