Awning Speaker replacement

660griz

Anyone replaced the speakers in the awning arms? Mine are REALLY crappy. Before I tear into it, just wondering if anyone knows the speaker size and disassembly routine.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I replaced my outside speakers with this:

SonyBoomBox.jpg

Works and sounds much better!

IronJ

Anyone replaced the speakers in the awning arms? Mine are REALLY crappy. Before I tear into it, just wondering if anyone knows the speaker size and disassembly routine.
Is it the solera with speaker in the drive head??..

If so i wouldent bother...there isn't enough depth to put anything that can be remotely considered decent in there...

But if you find anything let me know....i have a few friends who would be interested...

J

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

This is not an answer to the question about replacing the awing speakers, however just a note to say that the factory may have realized awning speakers was not a good option. We just bought a Torque T285 and the speakers are not on the awning but up high on the side of the unit. I don't know if you could have someone put better speakers in a different location. Might be expensive.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I would go to a good car stereo shop and talk to them . . .

I may be taking our Prowler to either Car Toys or another local car audio shop sometime this summer to have them install a good set of outdoor speakers and a real stereo system inside.

The Furrion just doesn't cut the mustard . . .

kwalk

I would go to a good car stereo shop and talk to them . . .

I may be taking our Prowler to either Car Toys or another local car audio shop sometime this summer to have them install a good set of outdoor speakers and a real stereo system inside.

The Furrion just doesn't cut the mustard . . .
They are 66mm speakers about 2.5 inches. A full range speaker may sound better, but the only ones made in that size are from China.