Mallard IDM231 TV Install

tlassen

Thanks John..were you able to mount into frame. I am assuming where the wall paper has a splice and cover will match where aluminum frame is?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I was able to mount to the frame, but don't go by seams in the wallpaper.

Chances are there should be a backing plate in the walls near any wall plate with the antenna and cable hookups.

In our previous Heartland Trail Runner TT, there were stickers on the wall showing me the general vicinity of a backing plate in the wall, which I found by putting my thumbs together and pressing on the wall until I found a hard spot about 10x10 inches (after drilling holes in the wall where the sticker was only to find no backing plate :mad: ).

TVBackerTrailRunner-IMG_0024.jpg

This was in the bedroom of our Trail Runner . . . note how far off the sticker was compared to where I eventually found it and mounted the TV bracket.

The living room sticker was right on:

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg

Our Prowler had a sticker in the bedroom, and it was right on, but the entertainment center didn't have a sticker or a backing plate, but I did manage to find a metal support beam right down the middle using the two thumbs together and press method.

ProwlerEntCenter-P1000301.jpg

Bigger TV coming soon . . . this is the same TV we had in the living room of the Trail Runner, as is the bedroom TV in our Prowler.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Thanx..guess I'll drill some small holes..no labels on our wall near connections

Use the thumb method I mentioned above and press around on the walls.

Even of you don't find a backing plate, you should find the wall studs.