Glow Steps - Looking for feedback

Steve.Twoknee

Thanks to many of you I've heard about and have started some research on Glow Steps. The look amazing, and if the videos are close to accurate they appear to not only solve the last step being an extra foot from the ground, and the all to unfortunate bounce of folks going in and out, they also appear to be 'easy' to install.
So; who uses them? Did you install them yourself? Are they easy to use? Was it worth the money? And, if I may be so bold, what did they cost (looking to put them on a TT, if that impact cost at all)?
Thanks in advance; I've enjoyed the start of my camping off-season much more simply due to hanging out, reading, and learning via everyone here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

rxbristol

Another consideration is the MorRyde entry steps. I installed them in 7 minutes...great steps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhQLbjWTJLU

I

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
They are great! We installed ourselves, and Torklift was great to work with when the initial measurements were off slightly.

They also support the Heartland Owners Club, as they have donated items for our door prizes/raffles.

A true test was after having them 5 months (we're full timers), we went to the RV Show in Dallas. Of course we went in and out of numerous rigs, every one had a different height, and even though on level surface, the last step to the ground or the last step up into the coaches was much more varied, bouncy and more strenuous to get in and out than ours with our Glowsteps!

We began to moan each time we'd go in and out of rigs, "Man, I miss my steps!"

sengli

First off these steps are kinda pricey. I ended up paying close to $500 for them. I installed them w/o too much of an issue. We so far love them. We have been to several camp sites where the adjustability was awesome to have. No more of the first step being 3 feet from the ground. Using their factory measurement chart, our coach went from a three step oem unit, to a four step glow step unit. Very sturdy large steps, since it contacts the ground when ever in use. The glow thing is OK, but not the main reason to buy these.

Attachments

• stairs1.jpg
    stairs1.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 66

mlpeloquin

Thanks to many of you I've heard about and have started some research on Glow Steps. The look amazing, and if the videos are close to accurate they appear to not only solve the last step being an extra foot from the ground, and the all to unfortunate bounce of folks going in and out, they also appear to be 'easy' to install.
So; who uses them? Did you install them yourself? Are they easy to use? Was it worth the money? And, if I may be so bold, what did they cost (looking to put them on a TT, if that impact cost at all)?
Thanks in advance; I've enjoyed the start of my camping off-season much more simply due to hanging out, reading, and learning via everyone here!

My wife and I use them along with the Glowglide Arm. The are easy to use and stable. My wife is has a prosthetic leg and has made it a lot safer for her to get in and out. Our two Boston Terriers now go in and out without me having to carry them up and down. They can be purchased at several suppliers and the four step like mine cost around $550.00. Torklift International has an application guide on their web page at the bottom of this page. http://www.torklift.com/index.php/products/steps-handrails/glowstep-revolution
Install Done.jpg

Glow Step With Lock.jpg

rjr6150

I would have to echo the others statements while a little spendy they are a great product with outstanding customer service.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
how are they to use for short stop, like lets say a rest area? are they just as easy to pull out to use like the factory ones? or do you have to use the stabilizers all the time?

TravelTiger

how are they to use for short stop, like lets say a rest area? are they just as easy to pull out to use like the factory ones? or do you have to use the stabilizers all the time?

It takes a little getting used to at first, just because it's a different set of instructions. Raise the lock lever, grab the top step, pull backing up, place extended steps feet on ground. Secure lock lever, go up steps.

It really takes about the same amount of time as pulling and unfolding traditional steps.

TravelTiger

A follow up -- the feet are permanently attached to the steps and do not interfere with storage. They support the steps when deployed, you would not want to be without them. We rarely have to adjust those legs, unless the site is very unlevel.